+rep for deserving answers...

Discussion in 'General' started by bp4er, Feb 17, 2012.

1. #1 bp4er, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    Blades/bladies, it has come to my attention that I have recently secured a metal chamber pipe and I have been wondering: Should I put littlem popcorn nugs in the chamber to resinate as i smoke through it? I have a half oz of pure kief with no weed matter/fibers so I figure if I smoke all that through the nugs then the nugs would be so damn potent and resinated like hash.
    But I'm worried that putting little nugs in there will act like a filter and make me have to smoke larger quantities to get the same effect I did before putting nugs inside to resinate.
    So what I want to know is 2 things:
    1) Will it act as too much of a filter and take more to get stoned, or will it not make much of a noticable difference?
    2) IF it does make a noticable difference and I have to smoke more,- is it worth it in the end when you have those hella resinated nugs?

+rep for answers to Both questions that seem like you know what you're talking about from experience and not just tryna bs me for a rep
    :wave:

EDIT: I just realized this cuz I'm sobering up a little- it would be smart to think of it as like a joint- as the smoke passes through the joint all the weed in front of it gets resinated and makes really potent roaches, so this would be the same thing except with a pipe and nugs instead of joint and ground up bud.

2. THC is THC. You will be higher if you put a little nug as a filter. Just make sure that it isn't too airtight, or you will have a problem hitting your bowl. enjoy that kief :smoke:

3. #3 JesusGotBaked, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    I remember hearing about this, people putting little nugs into the chamber of one of those unscrewable/screwable metal pipes.

EDIT: I misread your post.

1. If you're smoking hash, then it could work. As the hash melts some of it might drop onto the nug making it more potent. The hash that falls through will stick to the bud. It wouldn't hurt to put the bud in as a filter. Either way, the hash will melt and then resinate in the bowl. Putting a bud in is only going to make some of the melted hash/resin not be stuck to the metal, but either way the resin is going to be in the bowl.
    2. It probably won't make you have to smoke more. You'll have a nug covered in melted hash/resin, but you're not getting any "extra" resin by using the bud as the filter, because if the bud wasn't there, the same resin would just be built up more around the inside of the bowl. The resin that collects on the bud is just taking up less space from the resin thats gonna be on the inside of the actual bowl.

4. I know an old guy down the street who puts nugs in the middle chamber and resinate them, always seemd like an interesting idea, prolly greatly reduces flavor tho..

5. I wouldn't do this personally.... Even though you are smoking kief I feel the hash you'd get all over it would be more resin. That would kill all flavor.

But I think that theoretically it would work... Just kinda a nasty way to get honey bud. Lol

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSjeTFx5JI4]Don't Be A Menace - "Do We Have A Problem?" - YouTube[/ame]

Nah hahahah Idk why I thought of this when I read this, Idk I'm stoned :smoking:

7. thanks for reposting after you misread. And yes you are right, I realized that as the smoke passes through the pipe it won't make the hit less potent by acting as a filter, all the resin building up on the nugs will mostly be from smoking still sitting inside the chamber after I hit it since there's no carb to clear it.:D

8. Man I used to do this as a kid as metal pipes werecommon.

Wait a week and smoker that sucked.

Also when I was a kid I didn't have Internet and actually solved my own problems.

9. Oh, umm OP do we have some issue im unaware of? Im on drugs and not sure what to make of ya post :cool:
    I did lol.
    Good mooviee brah.

10. Also when you were a kid people actually liked you.:devious:

11. I know this question has already been answered but man smoking all that hash would coat that weed make that weed dank as hell.. I'd try it.

Also, nice Proof sig. I live by Detroit and remember when he blew up.. Dope rapper.

12. I've tried this and I can say you might have some clogging issues, also don't think that the nug in the chamber will become anymore potent, quite the opposite you would actually be vaporizing it very slowly decreases the potency. Its a waste of good weed.

13. Well, I'll try it with a small amount for a few days and see if it makes it any more potent or not, if not, small price to pay for a lesson learned. If does work, then nothing but awesomeness can be expected ahead :smoking:

14. Thank you for the gesture, but you actually can't add any rep yet.:(

15. Yeah you can do this. It works somewhat well too. Just make sure you don't make it too airtight in there or else it will just end up being counterproductive. If you find yourself having to hit it harder to get a decent hit at all, take a little bit out, as there shouldn't be any difference.

You only have to leave the nugs in there for so long too. A fair bit less longer than you would expect, actually. I guess you'll be checking it frequently just out of curiosity though so there's little need to point it out. Once they seem good, go ahead and take them out and put new nugs in or do whatever you plan on doing. Once they're covered good they don't seem to collect much more.

Expect a rough taste from it also, of course

16. This is probably the best reply so far. Tells me it works, AND to change the nugs in the chamber on the regular if they don't collect much more once they're coated. And you're right I will open and check out of curiosity :D