Reoccurring panic attacks after bad experience with weed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheGreatGoober, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Three days ago I smoked about a gram and had a panic attack and it was terrible. It was my third time smoking and my first time smoking a large amount, and it was awful. Now that it's gone, I have panic attacks every now and again. I'm not sure if it's an effect of the marijuana or just me being worried about it, but they seem to come with no warning and can be lessened by controlling my breathing. They usually come at least twice a day, and I was wondering if I should be concerned. Thanks in advance guys :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you have an anxiety disorder?

In some people with anxiety, marijuana can bring on the symptoms of anxiety or even a full blown panic attack.

I've been like this for years and I've learned to limit my smoking.

Maybe try smoking a smaller amount.. since you're new to it, you shouldn't need much to get a desired effect.

Also, people say that indica type strains alleviate anxiety symptoms. So maybe try those out.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes, I've had severe anxiety all my life. I was wondering why I'd still be having panic attacks days after smoking though. Panic attacks are normally very rare for me.

4. Would I be wrong in saying that people should grasp the fact that if you are either in a bad place in life, or have issues such as anxiety, that drugs of any kind should be avoided? It only elevates the problem. I know it's true for me. I had anxiety issues and didnt stop smoking. As i was naive i kept on smoking and paranoia was front and center. Took a 10 year break from anything and had some bad trips before but now I'm in a better state of mind so it's fun.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I will also add that the bud of today is waaaaay better than what it used to be...holy shit.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. You smoked a gram???? Holy fuck it's your first times chill.... I don't think I've ever smoked a gram at a time except maybe my 20th birthday... if you need that much to get high you need a tolerance break.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1