Renting next year with friends; questions about a small set-up perhaps

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Wet Horse Lips, Jan 24, 2010.

1. so from what ive read in this thread some people have had downstairs and upstairs neighbors smell their green even w/ a carbon filter and in a tent??

Is this common?

2. Yes, I need to know too, lol.

I reeeeeeeeally don't want the tenants upstairs to whiff it.

If they're stoners, I'm going to resort to bribery. Any true smoker will oblige.

3. Dude if you're worried about odor, use a carbon filter on all of your exhausts and have a Renuzit air fresheners. Check out my post on the first page of this thread. Those suckers are amazing. :hello:

4. Hey thanks for this, man!

We're still gonna carry on as planned... I think we may try and construct a box of some sort... maybe out of a dresser?

Do you have any particular autoflower strains you could recommend?

Also, we're probably going to get lights at a variety of different places; probably CFLs... I'm thinking that if we had to, we could move the couple plants in the dresser outside if we had to for some reason... like in case our landlord dropped by for some reason (he has to give 24hr notice)

EEEEEE I'm so excited, lol.

5. You're a noob. KISS; Keep it simple stupid.

Go with CFLs

Don't try to fix up a dresser to be a grow box, instead put down no more than 100 dollars and get a grow tent. I've got one in the mail as I type this and I am so excited!

Don't worry about buying any seeds yet. I recommend getting some dank and if there are good seeds in that then use those. Try growing using bagseed first before you go and spend cash on seeds... After all you're a noob, take it slow and don't try to go pro right away.

6. Got a link for that grow tent you're getting? I'd be interested.

And yeah, we already have a lot of bagseeds, so maybe we will just use those. It could end up being dank, lol.