Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Rendezvous

Discussion in 'General' started by highinhouston, Apr 22, 2006.

1. [SIZE=-1] On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a ... all » Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago.

Watch the video, which is insane if your baked
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2851488008488190547
    [/SIZE]

2. man i wish i was baked to watch this, i'll just watch it sober

3. damn taht was insane!

4. you need to see this video they made in stockholm where they purposely get in cop chases. its amazing

5. That was one wicked assed trip! A Ferrari... that must have been sweet! Could you imagine that trip at an IMAX theatre? The dude must have known the streets of Paris well, although a couple of times it seems like he was going to turn but decided not to. The rendezvous at the end was a nice ending, too. Nice one, highinhouston!

6. damn that would be amazing in an imax thatre, i've always wanted to see an imax while im high

7. I mean, that was nice and all for 1978 but now a days ive been going down highways with redlights 140mph+ quite a bit with more traffic then in that film

dunno about going wrong way on one way roads though

8. Yeah, but in a Ferrari?! :D

9. i just wish they had like a speed gauge in the film

10. I was thinking the exact sme thing.

That takes some balls to drive like that goin the wrong way on one way streets.