Rendevous with Snoop and Wiz: Did they smoke real weed in the movie?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by The Grasscity Post, Sep 25, 2013.

1. #1 The Grasscity Post, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
     ​
     ​
    Snoop Dogg is one of those marijuana lovers who have made it big in life. Not only has he won several music awards, but he has also bagged the Stoner of the year award from High Times in 2002. When he turned up for this interview he looked his charming best in a black silk suit, complete with a lamb-lined black overcoat, and his characteristic matching hat. To top it up, he had a black cane and a silver encrusted chalice in his hand. Here is a little secret- A little birdie tells us that this cane has compartments filled with marijuana. Wink! Wink!!

There is a reason that High Times, Snoop Dogg, and Wiz Khalifa had gotten together. The occasion was the forthcoming release of Mac and Devin Go To High School, which is a stoner comedy wherein Snoop Dogg plays the role of a student who is taken a couple of decades to graduate because he was a little too busy having fun in school. Wiz on the other hand is an exceptionally intelligent guy who lands up in Snoop's wing. Though it is difficult to envision Wiz this way, but it comes naturally to him in Snoop's company, who adoringly calls him neph. What they planned was a hip-hop's reply to Cheech Chong, just that it was supposed to have a lot more weed.

For the interview, the Kosher Kush was courtesy DNA genetics, the same weed that won Cannabis Cup Indica Award in 2011. Snoop Dogg could not keep himself from saying that this much weed was good for Snoop, but now that Wiz is along, it might not suffice!!

The interview could only start after both stoners had smoked more than a dozen blunts and joints. Now that we had the veterans sitting with us, it made sense to ask them about their favourite from amongst this year's winners. Snoop went with Electric Lemon G, which had won the Sativa Cup. And although both Snoop and Wiz are experts at what they do, they still left some strains unsmoked.

Here is the interview:

Crew member: Would you like some swishers?
    Wiz: I would dare not touch a swisher again in my life.
    INTERVIEWER: Do you dislike blunts?
    Wiz: Never tried them since 4 years
    INTERVIEWER: Why did you quit?
    Wiz: Because I realized I didn't need any tobacco with my marijuana

INTERVIEWER: Tell us about the song on the soundtrack of Mac and Devin: “You Can Put It in a Zag, I'mma Put It in a Blunt.”
    Snoop: This song came so naturally to us. It was as if were telling our story- Wiz is smoking Zags, and I am smoking blunts, and the song just happens. The song fitted the situation just perfectly. The words just spilled off my mouth, and made a perfect song, for the perfect situation. There is nothing special about the words, its common sense, some people prefer Zags, others like blunts.
    Wiz: Yes, and it's more about unity and togetherness. Marijuana is all about being positive under all circumstances, and everyone has their own reasons for doing what they do. That's how we came together.

INTERVIEWER: Tell us something about the movie. We guess Snoop plays a pot head, and Wiz is a whiz kid who does not smoke at the start. Is that right?
    Wiz: It's not only the weed that brings us together, there is a lot more to it. Snoop is a cool guy who is having a ball of a time in school, and though he not a dumb, he has spent about a decade in school trying to graduate. He is a 15-year senior, and into everything that a man would love- cars, chicks, and all other good things that you can think of. I am a guy who has not experienced anything colourful in life. And then we bump into each other, and weed acts as an ice breaker. It becomes our common interest, and we start bonding over the pot. That's the story of how we became pals, and that is when we realize that we share a lot in common, all because of weed.

INTERVIEWER: Hey Snoop, did you have a pot mentor in high school?
    Snoop: After some thinking, he says, “no one really mentored me.” My Mom used to smoke pot, even my uncle smoked weed. Way back in the 1970s, my mom and uncle had small roach clips, and once in a while, they let me smoke it. They had nicknamed me “Superb”, and they would tell me, “Superb, smoke this shit.” I would smoke it for some time, but it was never like someone gave me a formal training on how to smoke. No one ever told me why I should or should not smoke. I just figured it out. There was a point in my life when I was telling my friends that they should never ever smoke. I thought so because I was a sportsperson. So, I was of the opinion that we should play, and not smoke. But once I got a taste of it, I never looked back; and now, I love every moment of it.

INTERVIEWER: What kind of weed did you smoke when you were in high school?
    Snoop: In high school, we used to have Buddha Thai, Colombian Gold, and Chocolate Thai. We also used to have Red Head Sinse. Once we were out of high school, we progressed to hydroponic. Then with a frown on his face, he mentions Electric Lemon G. He tells that its smell reminds him of dog hair.

Just then a joke breaks between Snoop and Wiz. Wiz lights it, and then pulls it back
    Snoop [laughs loudly and pounds on the table]: He lit the joint and then took it back, because he had hit the wrong shit

Wiz: It is called “carpet”, when someone drops some grass in the carpet, and the other one just picks that shit up.

Snoop [he lights up Liberty Haze, the weed that won the Cannabis Cup]: Liberty is all good. You all you must try Liberty to find out what it is worth.

[​IMG]

Wiz: Please, I am distressed.

INTERVIEWER: The situation makes me think of the song “Smokin' On” from the soundtrack of Mac and Devin
    Snoop: Thanks! [Starts to sing] “You might could smoke, but you ain't smoking what we smoking on....”

INTERVIEWER: Does Los Angeles have the best weed?
    Snoop: Yes, by all means, I am all for LA. You can get it at any time of the day or night. You get it 24/7, 7-11. Just go across to a medical dispensary, or if not, you can just get from the man.
    INTERVIEWER: Was that the real weed that you were smoking in the movie or was it the fake one- Hollywood stunt weed?

Snoop [aghast]: What in the hell's name is a Hollywood stunt weed?
    Wiz: No ways, it's a Snoop Dogg movie, it cannot get any real.
    Snoop [trying to figure out where it came from]: Nothing fake! We smoke fucking real!
    Wiz: There was nothing fake about it; it was as real as it could get. There was nothing Hollywood about it.

Snoop: I wanted to ensure that my guy does not feel uncomfortable on his first day at the acting set. So, I made it real.
    Wiz: Yes, it was all done as it should be done. Nothing was fake, all real.
    Snoop: That is how it should be done. You know, I wanted that he should understand that this is how it is supposed to be done. If we have decided to do it, we will do it big, and we will do it real. So that if ever he has to do this again, he knows that there is no other way to do it.

INTERVIEWER: What kind of grass did you smoke in the movie?
    Snoop: Oh, man, we tried loads of them.
    Wiz: Snoop smoked Master Kush; I smoked OG Kush, and I also had Girl Scout Cookie
    Snoop: You didn't mention Purple
    Wiz: Oh Yes, Purple, and I had Cherry Pie, I also smoked some F1....
    Snoop [hits a new one this time, Moonshine Haze, the one that won the Sativa Cup]: This one (Moonshine) is all good
    Wiz: Is this Haze too?
    Snoop: Yes, it is Moonshine Haze –if you want you can taste it. You know what we are connoisseurs; we just need a pull to tell what it is worth.
    Wiz: You know it's Haze when it is a lot smoky.
    Snoop: You know these wine tasters, they take a whiff, and then they taste, and even then they can't make out how old it is. We just need a pull and we can tell you what year it was made, and who made it.
    [​IMG]
     ​

Wiz: I love the power. Usually, I go for the smell and the taste when I choose it. But definitely, smell first. You should get the smell such that it's lit even before you….
    Snoop(completing Wiz) – take it out of the jar!
    Wiz: It should send people asking “Who the hell is smoking here?” even when the weed is still in the jar. That's how we define good weed.

INTERVIEWER: How did the idea of this movie originate?
    Wiz: This movie just happened; it was never planned as such. We all were hanging around, doing what we like to do, and Snoop was suddenly thinking on a totally different wavelength. He felt a certain bond; he felt that there was something special between us, and that we should make the best of it.

He wanted to go beyond just music, or music videos, and make it a full blown movie. He wanted people to love us not just as their favourite musicians, but he wanted to take it a step further and wanted people to love us as movie characters. That way, we would always be around. And as soon as he shared this idea, I jumped on it.
    Snoop [he passes a joint of Dominator to Wiz, this one won the third-place of the Sativa Cup]: This one is Dominator.
    Wiz [sings]: Dominator ...Yeah, it has a little sweet taste to it, not that I don't like it.
    Snoop: Even I am not against it. All I have to say is that this weed has an Amsterdam touch to it. It is cool, but I just can't get fuckin' high on it. It could only get me Europe high, not the fucking high that I seek. They had this weed Sour Diesel before LA confidential came, but that was completely fake, it won't just work. But the LA confidential is the real thing, it may have its roots there, but I am sure his daddy and mommy come from this place-you can't challenge me on this.

INTERVIEWER: So, how's the score so far? Who has taken the lead?
    Snoop: Dominator is certainly dominating; however, Liberty was not all that bad either. [sings] Motivator, Dominator, calculator, I'm a Nator....Yeah, this is it. I understand that weed does help your creativity with music, but does it help the acting too?
    Wiz: Weed just makes you feel comfortable. It takes you into a zone, lets you block out all disturbances, and helps you really feel what you are saying and doing. When we create music, we actually feel it, we know our music, and when we talk about something that we know, gets us that emotion. It's a whole different story in case of acting. You have to get emotion out of nowhere, that's where weed comes as help. Weed can help you recollect a similar situation, and then you can emulate the emotion. It works well for me.

Snoop: Weed just makes me feel as if I am having a regular conversation. Take this situation situation, if I were to act, I would look at your lines, my lines, and his lines, and then I will deliver the dialogue as if we were having a casual chat. I will do this because I am high on weed. I don't worry about what I am supposed to say, all I am bothered about is when it is your turn to speak, and when it is mine, just like we do in regular conversation. It takes all the stress out of acting; no cramming up lines, and then delivering them with the emotion that the director wants. Weed gives you the courage to say your lines the way you want.

Wiz [smokes Hawaiian Snow, it won the second place at the Cannabis Cup], I am all set to get out of Amsterdam.
    Snoop: Yes, me too, dude -- this shit is no good. {Laughter breaks} As of now, Dominator is leading by a slight margin.
    Wiz: It tasted so damn bad that I had to eat some candies to get rid of the taste.
    Snoop: It is all right. Europeans seem to be trying real hard, so we have to give them some credit, because when you go to Europe, either you make do with this, or you will get all dirt.
    Wiz: I am spoiled.
    Snoop: Same here. But sometimes you have to readjust to the environment. You need to know how to do it, to adapt to the environment, and build up on their weaknesses.
    Wiz: You know, you should have the ability to share your things with others. You cannot just say that you never smoked.
    Snoop: When I went there with my boys, we were jumping around till early morning by about 5:30. Then we went to McDonalds and had Sausage Mc Muffin with cheese and eggs, hash browns, and orange juice. Just after that, we found “the thing”- LA confidential, the weed that killed John Wayne.

INTERVIEWER: So what do Mac and Devin plan to major in after graduating from high school?
    Snoop: Well, don't know about him, but I will continue to major in Pimpin' Hos.

INTERVIEWER: Anything that you would like to say to our readers?
    Snoop: I love the people who read your magazine. You guys are honest in what you do, and give people a chance to speak out their mind. You help people share their thoughts frankly, and let tell the world what they do and how they feel. And importantly, you educate the readers on the “real thing”….

INTERVIEWER: We thank both for sharing your thoughts with us.
    Wiz: Thanks for giving me an opportunity to be a part of it. You guys are doing a great job bringing together everyone who has something to do with marijuana or weed. It's a community where everyone can seek an inspiration and guidance.

[​IMG]

2. Was this translated or something? I don't mean to be rude but this really doesn't sound like Snoop or Wiz. 

"Please, I am distressed." is what made me think it might have been translated. 

3. i could tottally picture those high asses, saying please im distressed

4. #4 Old School Smoker, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    Why is the grasscity post link broken? When will it be fixed?

5. Interview is practically unreadable at parts, I'd edit the fuck outta that.

Interesting words though, shame the movie looks shit beyond belief. Never watching that hahaha

6. Please, I am distressed... So funny

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known ~ Carl Sagan

7. I do not appreciate movies like this. Just what the world needs: a movie depicting it "cool" to be a stoned high school student.
    Considering young people are the ones getting a record for the most part, it's movies like this which I consider propaganda. It makes weed seem like no big deal and glorifies it, but the legal reality is completely different.
    Considering the severe consequences for kids getting busted at school with weed, I give a big shout out "FU" to the snoop Lion or whatever the fuck his sold out ass is called these days.

8. the mac n devin movie sucked

9. dang I have a pack of Hawaiian Snow seeds, a little disappointed these guys didn't care for it.  Seems they are more into kush though.

10. I'd smoke with them, they seem like "cool" cats to be around with. 

11. Relax, it's entertainment.

12. that movie was the biggest hunk of shit ive ever seen.

13. They did a great job with the movie in my eyes, the only way you could follow it is if you were stoned out of your mind! 

14. Ummm... maybe to you. Not to me.
    The reviews above seem to say otherwise.

15. I've never seen the movie and I probably never will. My point was it's just meant as entertainment for 420 friendly people, you should lighten up about it.

16. Maybe you didn't catch the point I was making about this vein of movies, but you are enforcing it.
    Movies such as this make weed out to be "no big deal." And of course, people say it's "entertainment."
    Well, compare it to reality. Young people are the ones this "entertainment" is geared toward. And they are the ones bearing the legal brunt of the drug war, along with minorities. A stark contrast to the "fun" of these movies. Two highly divergent realities being presented.

Besides, movies like this typically enforce dumb stereotypes. Just reading that "interview" should make everyone's head hurt. Mindless fodder for the mindless masses.

For these reasons, I do not support this type of "entertainment." Snoop sells video games and alcohol to children as well. He's all about the dumbing down of America so long as it fills his pockets. Not a fan.

Yeah, maybe I am serious to the Nth degree sometimes. Someone has to be. LOL!

17. I think if some kid gets in legal trouble for weed (as I did as a youth) it's on them for not being lowkey enough. Anybody that views a movie like this as any kind of reality is an idiot. I dunno I see the point you're making I guess I just believe there's a level of personal responsibility that people need to take.

18. Kids aren't especially responsible. And promoting use among high schoolers? That's just sad bullshit.
    I was plenty stupid and reckless as a kid. I was lucky. Your experience kinda backs that up. There's a raging drug war still chugging along.
    The kids are the ones bearing the brunt of it. People are easier to control when they have a record.