Removing fan leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bink03, May 19, 2016.

1. Hi all i have one auto plant it is starting to flower and some big fan leaves are covering parts of my plant that is flowering stopping light reaching them could i remove the leaves in question as its a auto flower dont want to mess out up thanks ?

2. try training man

3. I thought that Would it not be to late she was 4 weeks yesturday [​IMG]

4. Its the lower part of the plant its abit crowed down there cheers for the reply

5. You need more light to get to the bud sites, right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's not recommended that you remove leaves. It need them for photosysthesis. If you start cutting, everything will slow down. I use flexible ties and i have a few old weights from a weight set. I tie one end to a branch, and one end to the weight on the floor. Pull the weight farther, the branch will lay flat or sideways, allowing more light in. Just be careful don't pull too far.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sure mate. I was thinking oh no hes gonna cut his pretty girl better respond fast. LST low stress training. I just started using it. its great.

7. You can cut hole in a planter, and run the string through there, or you can attach an outside object and pull some of the branches down or to the side or whatever you need. BE CAREful not to pull to hard. You can pull them far, and they'll stretch but just be aware.

8. Cheers mate ill be gentle ill let you know how it goes

9. [​IMG]
    Here's my second girlfriend. She was big and bushy. I've spread her out since then. This was roughly 3 3.5 weeks into flower. I've cut some leaves off the bottom for air circulation, but she needs those fan leaves.

10. [​IMG]
    Same plant this cola was straight up but as you can see its kinda sideways now. This was 3 weeks ago I think.

11. [​IMG]
    In this shot you can see my big ass feet. But you can also see my other mistress. And my weights with string wrapped around them. It's easy to adjust with the weights, and I can slide them back and forth as needed. I don't even tie the string to the weights. Makes it easy to rotate plant and then tie down without having to untie knots and whatnot.

12. I tore off one leaf the other day I felt terrible. Certainly better than losing all your fan leaves. Best of luck.

13. Ill try it thanks for the info apprecate it

• Like Like x 1