Removing buds from clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chamfo, Jun 6, 2018.

1. So I cut 5 clones week 2 of flower and they all rooted. They also all have little bud sites and a few pistils grown. Should I remove these? If so how?

The 5 clones on the right are the monstercropped ones, if u zoom in you can see.

Thanks,
    C

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. You can just leave them on for the revegging process and your new growth will come from there and later on you can trim off much easier than when they are still fresh and on a top.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No need to remove the pistils! Just set the plants under 18/6 - they will eventually reveg and then grow normally!

I sexed some seedlings by starting them under 12/12, (then we had company and they went a few days too long and all 4 were very definitely female- lots of pistils! :eek2:). I then switched to 18/6, they revegged, and I grew them out normally. They have since been switched back to 12/12 and are budding up beautifully.

My indoor plants are now about 2 to 2 1/2 feet tall and are bushy and well-budded! :yay: (Sorry, I do not do photos, my sons are too paranoid about their crazy hippie mom getting busted! So I humor them. :coolalt: )

Your plants may "sulk" for a week or two as they reveg - slower growth and weird one-finger leaves, but they will soon revert back to a normal "baby" mode.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Amazing, thanks. So they haven't reverted back then yet or are doing so now? I mean they been on 18/6 since cut, that'I what my veg box is set too, was surprised how fast they rooted and, prob bout the same time or less as the first clones I cut during veg.

C

5. When they revert back you will see new growth coming from the buds instead of bigger buds developing you will be seeing new “veg” growth.