Removing branches

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jj420aded, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Just started flowering 2 days ago is it ok to cut off the lowest branches. Just by looking at them I can tell there not going to produce much an the rest of the plant is blocking all the light

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yes, you should cut them off and they will be  clones for your next run. Make sense?

3. If you have a lot of lower branches you want to remove, cut a few a time. If it's only like 3-5, you can cut them all off at once. You want as little stress as possible going into flowering.

4. I always try to trim up the bottom scraggly branches so I don't get a ton of popcorn bud on harvest day. Sometimes if I'm being lazy I leave it there and freeze it on harvest day ready for when I'm ready to make some hash

5. Yeh you can tell the branches that won't make it at the bottom. Cut them off and the plant will give more energy to the top buds when you get a good top canopy the light is significantly less down at the bottom when the branches at the bottom have made it up lollipop the bottom making the plant give more energy into making them buds big fat fuckers pardon my french.

6. Yeh also don't cut to many at once as you could stress the plant and turn it hermaphrodite.

7. A good rule of thumb is to remove no more than 1/3 of the plant