Removal and Destruction of Statues and Monuments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Put down the joint. Nobody shot George Floyd.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Europe has thousands of monuments of people who have done horrendous acts, killed thousands. Though they safeguard them as a memborance of civilizations/history on earth

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have not yet even lit up today, lol. Good catch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Toppling Monuments, a Visual History

The United States has been dismantling statues since its very foundation.

One of the earliest recorded instances came in 1776, just five days after the Declaration of Independence was ratified. In a moment that was immortalized in a mid-19th-century painting, soldiers and civilians tore down a gilded statue of Britain’s King George III in Manhattan.

Europe isn't immune to that as well, statues of Stalin, Lenin and other communist leaders have been torn down in the past.

5. Yikes

6. "This was the black lives matter movement 144 years ago!"

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. What follows each example throughout history? Each time we’ve seen mobs do this through history, war and bloodshed follow.

8. I don't about "each time" and "bloodshed", but that's not really relevant to the story.

9. Maybe not each and every time..
    Comments from Chris Bedford

Attached Files:

10. #90 MrCoffee, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Also, there’s already been bloodshed. I’ve seen news articles, from a 2 year old white toddler in a stroller being slashed in the face, to elderly whites being stabbed. There’s also been murders, such as the Wisconsin man who was riding his Harley when he was struck head on purposely and killed. The driver admitted to doing it bc only white guys drive Harleys.
    We don’t hear of these attacks and killings bc the media and google suppress these stories.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I’ve had to stop counting the number of times my comrades in the American far left have taken a good cause and ran so far into the extreme with it that they end up losing support.

It’s become the signature move of the faction. Got it here in Europe too, but here they tend to wisen up before slamming face first into the wall at top speed.

12. The left lives off division. The left is destroying America.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Well, from a technical point I’d disagree, I’m a Norwegian social democrat full disclosure, and I think a lot of left wing ideas would be good for America. I really don’t think destroying America is what they are trying to do, either, I think there is a lot of good will being corrupted, and a lot of good but naive minds being manipulated into hate.

So... I have to agree with you. One faction is doing considerably more to divide people by skin color and sex, demonize and dehumanize the bad skin color, destroy cities and dismantle law and order, becoming blatantly and openly racist while self-righteously claiming to be anti-racist and pointing the finger at everyone else...

Yeah, it’s a little hard to dispute who the bad guys are right now.

14. The left is purposely trying to destroy America.
    Take away our border an we don’t have a country. Take away ICE and we don’t have immigration laws anymore. Get rid of the cops which will lead to more lawlessness. Take away our guns so we can’t defend ourselves. Then tell each of us we are hated by the other. Breed out and vilify the whites bc Dems haven’t won the white vote since the late 60’s.
    People like Nancy Pelosi are intentionally destroying America. Only the brainwashed and naive believe these are good policies.

15. We agree on the consequences of their politics in those regards, I just think we disagree on their intentions.

I don’t think they realize the damage they are doing. I think they are convinced that even the BLM riots are ultimately good for America, because they see it as a fight against the racism in America, which they think is destroying the country.

16. The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That’s exactly it, man. From my point of view, that’s the American left in a nutshell. Too passionate and too convinced of their own righteousness to stop and think.

• Like Like x 2
  18. In a country where people of color become superstars over night..
    America is not a racist country. The most rampant cases of racism are others openly accusing all whites of being racist.
    This really makes me sick to my stomach.
    Take a look at how google is suppressing info while feeding the current narrative.
    Fox article I was reading about many churches being burned America over the past week. I’m reading this article an wondering if any other media websites or tv shows are talking about this. So I google “ American churches burned “ an look at the damn top 3 results.
    This country, the media, google, Twitter all makes me nauseous! The entire first page is all about black churches being burned. Old articles. One article mentions a recent event but the Washington post writer made it seem like it was burned bc they rebelled against covid orders a month ago.
    it’s god damn treason again white america!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1