Religious experiences while high

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Doesnthurt, Mar 2, 2012.

1. So i have had a couple religious experiences while high. Well i was raised in a very strict christian home, and basically rebelled against my parents and religion around 8-9th grade. My logic was, its not my fault i don't believe in God anymore, because if he did exist, then he gave my this logical mind( IQ 160), and logically, God can't exist. So around october this (school) year (im in 10th grade now), i officially declared myself an athiest. About a week later, i snuck out with my friend, and we went to my other friend and neighbors house, because hes allowed to smoke with friends in his basement, and his parents wont tell mine or anything. So anyways, we smoked about 2gs of trainwreck out of his bong and we started playing mariokart 64. I was really high, and im also extremely light weight, and i kept getting the golden mushrooms and stars, so i thought to myself; haha maybe i have good karma! And that was before i got another couple items, which turned out to be just green shells, so i thought that maybe it wasnt karma, and i got a golden mushroom. So i thought (sarcastically) maybe God does exist lol. Then i got nothing but golden mushrooms and stars for the whole next race, and i kinda started freaking out (well in my mind, i still had just a stoned expression on my face) and thinking theres no way this can just be coincidence. So at that point, i was starting to think god did exist, and i started actually talking to god, or rather he was talking to me; it was really weird it was like was talking to myself, but i couldnt control what was being said, almost like the thoughts were being placed in my head.So at the end of the race, i was like "that was really weird, i kept getting amazing items" and they told me it was just cause i was doing bad, but i still thought it was weird ( cause the whole thinking maybe its karma or maybe its God happened for a good 10 items), and i really had no way of actually proving it, and then God told me that the whole experience i just had was a metaphore for the flaw in my previous logic. He told me that the point of everything making complete sense ( as in everything can be explained without God) because if it didnt, then people wouldnt have a choice but to believe in a god, and it would require no faith, and also, why would God want to force people to love him, he wants it to be their choice, not because theres no other option, and that wouldnt even be true love. So that happened after the race, and my friends wanted to do battle mode. So while it was loading, God asked me if i really wanted to follow him or not, and i was just petrified and terrified (cause i had been raised to fear god), and i knew what kind of commitment it would be, so the game started, and my first item i got was the question mark box, and the voice in my head said " well? Whats it gonna be?" and still petrified with fear, i was silent, and i continued to get the questionmark boxes for 6 more times, each time the voice asking "well?" or something similar, until it said my time was almost up, and it started to count down. I still had 2 balloons left, and when the count got to 5, i ended up getting hit with 2 red shells from behind, and died at the same time the count got to 0, but right before it did, i said yes, but i wasnt sure if i made it or not. I was so scared i was going to be condemned to hell that i continuously kept passing out and puking, and then i finally fell asleep at my house. Well that was the first experience i had. I had a couple more, like early january, also. But another one was about a month ago when i was robotripping and really high, we were chillin in my friends room blasting music, with the tv still left on, but the volume low enough that you couldnt hear it, and i was the only one still awake. So i asked God if what i was doing was right or not, and the song playing ended, and in the couple of seconds before the next song started againg, the guy in the movie said "what would jesus do" at the perfect moment between the songs. And about a week ago, me and 2 friends smoked a gram, and i hallucinated almost having a kidney stone, but my mind kind of interpreted it as a religious experience. I cant really explain it but it was extremely vivid, and i had other religious hallucinations, and i was talking to God again, but this time he would answer through other people, like i would ask something, and someone else i was hanging out with would say something, but it would be worded so that it answered my question, and also was relevent to what they were talking about, and it kept happening like everytime i asked a question. Another time a week before the robotrip experience i mentioned earlier, i was also robotripping and high, and i was thinking that my other friend was taking forever in 7-11, and my friend that i was waiting with outside the store who ive seldom heard talk about anything religious instantly said "just remember, only heaven is forever." well that took a long time to write, so i hope at least someone read through all of it, and i typed it on my ipod touch so sorry for any typos/ scattered format. Please tell me what you guys think about all this.

2. Lmao i only read the first part where u wer playing mariokart but ya i can personally contest that that is just the game, and id ur doing bad it gives u amazing items and vice versa. Used to play alott of mario kart haha

3. I was sitting outside on my porch really stoned and I heard someone say "I got something for you" and I was like God is that you?!?!?!? But no it was just the mailman.

4. Yeah man, I've had religious experiences while high before... problem is that I can't remember any of them hardly anymore. Ah irony.

5. [quote name='"Doesnthurt"']So i have had a couple religious experiences while high. Well i was raised in a very strict christian home, and basically rebelled against my parents and religion around 8-9th grade. My logic was, its not my fault i don't believe in God anymore, because if he did exist, then he gave my this logical mind( IQ 160), and logically, God can't exist. So around october this (school) year (im in 10th grade now), i officially declared myself an athiest. About a week later, i snuck out with my friend, and we went to my other friend and neighbors house, because hes allowed to smoke with friends in his basement, and his parents wont tell mine or anything. So anyways, we smoked about 2gs of trainwreck out of his bong and we started playing mariokart 64. I was really high, and im also extremely light weight, and i kept getting the golden mushrooms and stars, so i thought to myself; haha maybe i have good karma! And that was before i got another couple items, which turned out to be just green shells, so i thought that maybe it wasnt karma, and i got a golden mushroom. So i thought (sarcastically) maybe God does exist lol. Then i got nothing but golden mushrooms and stars for the whole next race, and i kinda started freaking out (well in my mind, i still had just a stoned expression on my face) and thinking theres no way this can just be coincidence. So at that point, i was starting to think god did exist, and i started actually talking to god, or rather he was talking to me; it was really weird it was like was talking to myself, but i couldnt control what was being said, almost like the thoughts were being placed in my head.So at the end of the race, i was like "that was really weird, i kept getting amazing items" and they told me it was just cause i was doing bad, but i still thought it was weird ( cause the whole thinking maybe its karma or maybe its God happened for a good 10 items), and i really had no way of actually proving it, and then God told me that the whole experience i just had was a metaphore for the flaw in my previous logic. He told me that the point of everything making complete sense ( as in everything can be explained without God) because if it didnt, then people wouldnt have a choice but to believe in a god, and it would require no faith, and also, why would God want to force people to love him, he wants it to be their choice, not because theres no other option, and that wouldnt even be true love. So that happened after the race, and my friends wanted to do battle mode. So while it was loading, God asked me if i really wanted to follow him or not, and i was just petrified and terrified (cause i had been raised to fear god), and i knew what kind of commitment it would be, so the game started, and my first item i got was the question mark box, and the voice in my head said " well? Whats it gonna be?" and still petrified with fear, i was silent, and i continued to get the questionmark boxes for 6 more times, each time the voice asking "well?" or something similar, until it said my time was almost up, and it started to count down. I still had 2 balloons left, and when the count got to 5, i ended up getting hit with 2 red shells from behind, and died at the same time the count got to 0, but right before it did, i said yes, but i wasnt sure if i made it or not. I was so scared i was going to be condemned to hell that i continuously kept passing out and puking, and then i finally fell asleep at my house. Well that was the first experience i had. I had a couple more, like early january, also. But another one was about a month ago when i was robotripping and really high, we were chillin in my friends room blasting music, with the tv still left on, but the volume low enough that you couldnt hear it, and i was the only one still awake. So i asked God if what i was doing was right or not, and the song playing ended, and in the couple of seconds before the next song started againg, the guy in the movie said "what would jesus do" at the perfect moment between the songs. And about a week ago, me and 2 friends smoked a gram, and i hallucinated almost having a kidney stone, but my mind kind of interpreted it as a religious experience. I cant really explain it but it was extremely vivid, and i had other religious hallucinations, and i was talking to God again, but this time he would answer through other people, like i would ask something, and someone else i was hanging out with would say something, but it would be worded so that it answered my question, and also was relevent to what they were talking about, and it kept happening like everytime i asked a question. Another time a week before the robotrip experience i mentioned earlier, i was also robotripping and high, and i was thinking that my other friend was taking forever in 7-11, and my friend that i was waiting with outside the store who ive seldom heard talk about anything religious instantly said "just remember, only heaven is forever." well that took a long time to write, so i hope at least someone read through all of it, and i typed it on my ipod touch so sorry for any typos/ scattered format. Please tell me what you guys think about all this.[/quote]

Damn sounds like ur family is pretty fucked up like mine in the religion area of life.

I'm kinda in that zone too of not believeing in the god that my parents taught me about through Baptist religion but I do believe there is something bigger then us.. just by seeing the world around u its hard not to accept that there is something out there. If not what's the point to live? Idk these are just the things I have come to realize over time.

My family has always been really fucked up when it comes to religion because they went to a cult of a church and then after they wised up they kept going to different ones and what not but in the end I realized that religion is MAN MADE.. no one has the answer to life so people have taken little bits of pieces of they're lives and what they know and they have come up with a conclusion to the meaning of life and that's how religion is made.. YOU have to find out ur own path in life.

I asked my dad the question that if he could be saved by reading the bible and learning about god would he choose to do that OR if he could choose would he rather learn about god by living his life with no religion as if he lived in the jungle and never herd a word about god but u lived life through ur own eyes of nature and the beauty.. u actually LIVED life itself.

I've never had god speak to me or anything and although I want it to happen I guess ill just have to wait until that one special day.. another part of me doesn't think god will ever talk to me and doesn't speak to anyone and its just people hoping and making it happen in they're head. Idk yet though.

All I can really say is listen to urself.. no one can give u the answer to life man. Life is a journey that u have to figure out urself. You can't take life to seriously or you'll never get out alive

The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination.

I watched the movie leaves of grass and at the end Edward Norton told a story that really kinda just opened my eyes.

He was talking about how when he was younger there were storms and he absolutely hated them and he would hide in his closet.. he was so scared of them that he decided to go to the library and learn everything he could about them.. and after learning all he could about the storms, different cloud names, how they became..... In the end.. they still happened.

I think about life that way.. u can go all ur life learning about religion and trying to find the answer to life.. but in the end.. life still happens.. live in the present and try to enjoy the short time u have. Try not to stress to much about religion and things like that.. if there is a god he obviously loves you and he wants u to know about him and build a relationship with u.. he's not going to be a Dick and send u to hell for an eternity because u took a cookie from the cookie jar.. whatever it is that's out there that made us.. it obviously loves and cares enough about us to give us the life we have now. I hate how people use fear to control people into coming to god.. its not right at all.. u have to decide by urself.

6. Paragraphs dude, use them!

Can we get a tl;dr?

7. #7 pickaplex0, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Honestly, I stopped at:

"i don't believe in God anymore, because if he did exist, then he gave my this logical mind( IQ 160), and logically, God can't exist."

It's hard to believe that someone boasting about an IQ of 160 writes like a 9 year old.

If you did a little more research before you claimed such a ridiculous number, you'd realize just exactly how damn high 160 is -- and be able to make a your lie a little more believeable. Damn son.

---EDIT----

I just looked online and albert einstein's IQ was 160. Funny.

8. nice wall of text.

9. Man, people of 76 IQ can summarize.

10. this thread is a prime example of why people under the age of 18 aren't allowed to post on this website.

-OSUB

11. I was interested in the story until your friends told you how bad you were. Everyone knows the people behind get better items so they can catch up. What are you, a Mario kart noob?!

12. Ah yes, the old "burning bush" story.

13. Honestly, I think he WAS testing you.

14. So you hear voices in your head?

15. I stopped at "I'm in grade 10 now"

Please leave the site immediately sir.

16. Well you have to give him some credit at the end he says he was typing it from his Ipod.. That would be one hell of a thing to write from a touchscreen (I'm assuming).

17. Yeah I mediate and try to find inner peace and such. But being high makes me understand religion is kinda fake and it's corrupt along with the government.

18. God hates us all! God hates us all! You know it's true he hates this place, you know its true he hates this race! Homicide, suicide, hate heals you should try it sometime. Strive for peace with acts of war, and the beauty of death we can all adore. I have no faith distracting me, I know why your prayers will never be answered, God hates us all!

19. Crazy story bro. But truly believable because something similar happened to me this weekend.

Me and a friend were chiefing it up in his car and after I started to feel high, a shitload of questions/answers and shit filled my head--it was like I knew everything and was answering questions while questioning the answerer(s). Out of the corner of my eye I saw a single star and wondered why it was only one fucking star then I heard a voice, it was as if the star was God or his eye or something because the voice talked in a rather fatherly tone and the star [eye] seemingly blinked at me numerous times in disappointment [quite possibly because we were talking about my current life/religious views at the moment].

It's deeper than this though, it's just too hard to explain man, but I respect the TC's story.

20. I knew how use paragraphs long before 10th grade and my IQ is much lower than 160.