Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by LighterThieve, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Yes indeed, and I believe this empire will be taken down once and for all through people embracing science and reason over dogma and creed. Their members are already doing that and leaving in large numbers. However, the Church continues to massively fund and send missionaries to foreign lands to brainwash and deceive people into converting.

2. I await the day that the Vatican is burned to the ground (sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but I do)

On a side note, irreligion (what you said, believing in science and reason over a fairy tale written before the classical era (e.g. 5000 years ago)) is now the third largest "religion" after Christianity and Islam. Within a hundred years it will be the largest (or at least I'm praying so haha)

3. Raised a Hasidic Jew, but am no longer fully observant (although my beliefs are still Hasidic). I guess I would consider myself a reform Jew, as I don't believe the commandments of the Torah are absolutely necessary, but are rather guidelines for higher living that I do my best to follow.

4. what makes most sense to me is that it is the spirit of the law ...
    and not the letter of the law which is important...

maybe;):smoke:

5. I would agree. I also subscribe to the following: if completing a mitzvah (commandment) makes my life better in any way (less stress, more devotion to G-d and life ambitions) then it is one that I need to follow. If it does the opposite, then I need to ignore it for the time being.

6. so simple.....yet ignored by so many......

it really makes me think that some people....i should say some individuals...need to be told what to do every step of the way......if they did it exactly as they were told....they have to take responsibility for nothing at all......they never made any choices...just did always as they were told.....

i think some people need that....
    i dont "get it"
    but i see it all around.....

and then there are those who take advantage of this fact......
    these are the ones who push the letter of the law.....often times in doing so ignoring completely the spirit of the law.....

how is this any way to live?

who are you now following?

your g-d who made you the way he wanted you to be....
    or the man telling you how g-d wants you to live ... to think ... to act....

i dont feel we were made all such individuals just so we could all be forced into trying to conform to one way of thinking ...acting...being....

i dont feel ones needs religion to find god at all......

i feel more often religion drives the individual away from god.....

i feel most religious who could be considered "fanatics" are not following anything resembling the gods they claim to follow......

i feel ...what god wouldnt send you here fully equipped to handle the journey?
    everything you need to find your way is already inside you ...it always has been....and all you have to do to find it....is look....

(careful listening to me-i am not so right in the head;):smoke:)

7. i would consider myself mainly agnostic but moving towards atheist every year....
    but i believe in pieces and parts of buddhism too haha if that makes sense? :smoke:

8. Roman Catholic

9. Sunni Muslim

10. No religion for me.

11. [quote name='"bahookahjoe18"']No religion for me.[/quote]

I thought you belonged to the international society of beetleeaters?

12. Buddhism and atheism go hand in hand

That's a society, not a religion, hahaha.

13. My views are almost entirely encompassed by Buddhism and Hinduism.

14. The only right one.