religion is blinding

Discussion in 'General' started by MANontheMOON84, Aug 30, 2011.

1. for the first time in my life me and my dad discussed our views on marijuana an it didn't go well..

his main point f argument was essentially "it's wrong the bible condemns it" and the occasional "it only makes the neighborhood more dangerous" and by that he means like the people that would drive while high have impaired motor skills and are just putting others at risk and there is no reason to just add another intoxicating substance to the publics access.

I had trouble trying to reason with these arguments like because he believes the bible to be straight gods holy word and what I'm saying to him is just me being misguided...
    I guess I'm just looking for some input on how they would or have handled a situation like this cause honestly I'm in - shitty part of my life right now..

2. Religion is a bunch of sheep lead by a blind shepard

3. The bible also says we should stone those that steal, women have no rights, and every apostle with a book was the closest to Jesus :rolleyes:. HIM is the only way! Herb is the healing of the nation, tell your father our country was founded by a bunch of stoned, sexist, racist men, who knew hemp was the only material to write our most sacred documents on: constitution and decl. of independence. Doesn't really have anything to do with religion, but puts things into perspective.

4. Science is equally as blinding, its alll how you use it.

5. prob needs to go to Pandora or S&P, but yes it can be, but it also has alot of good, the world doesn't have enough people with a working moral compass, religion often helps that but then once you get to extremists it's a different story and unfortunetly too many christians have a warped perspective of weed, if they would only try it they would see it is not the problem

6. It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a new idea without accepting.

- Aristotle

7. :confused:

observation and experiment vs. the blind belief in and worship of a superhuman

:cool:

8. #8 SmokinJoe420, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ahahaha red got vocab

9. ....What?

10. Religion is not the problem, never has been. It is the people, take them out of the equation and religion works. :)

I must say, do not make such ignorant remarks.

Of course, neither Science OR Religion can fully prove anything. :)

11. Religion is truly the opiate of the masses. The church is a crumbling structure, rotten to the core. Catholic Priests are just a bunch of pedophiles.

12. Without people there would be no religion. Religion is a consequence of the human mind searching for acceptance and meaning. So, because it was fabricated by the human mind it is naturally flawed.

13. Religion never hurt anyone, only people hurt eachother.

The ideals are not even meant to influence hate or violence.

People hurt people. :)

14. the bible says plants are for us and ours to use. so, uh... fail on that.

the bible also has passages of a god with no problem with genocide, so uh... maybe this aint the book to quote for moral authority. i'd like to see the verse that says smokin weed is evil.

15. #17 B0rtzer, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011

I get what you were tryin' to say homie. Like Dr. Kavorkian style science. Nazi scientist's kinda science. Josef Mengel's idea of "science."

Science without a moral compass is brutal.

Edit: Back on topic, love vapin':laughing:. Tell your dad this:

"Exodus 30:23 (note* sheckles is a unit of measurement)
    Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels.

The Hebrew University has declared that "calamus" was a mistranslation from the Hebrew word "kannabosm" (cannabis, or marijuana)

If God did not want us to smoke pot, you would think he would clearly state it, which brings me to another point:

The Bible speaks against excess drinking and alcoholism. They are very clear of this.

Ephesians 5:18
    Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit."

^^^^ Taken from another forum.

Oh, and check this out too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(etymology)

16. Haha very true man , FACT :D

I think religion is just something we believe until we find out what's actually going on, people aren't very good at just saying oh we don't know but there good at just making up thing's.

17. science makes hypothesis(s) which in turn is how you put it "making stuff up"

I just fail to see much a difference between Science and Religion... Neither fully prove their claims. :)

18. #20 MrGers, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYcg3m4RB4[/ame]

can't seem to embed but...well the point is made.