Religion based on marijuana

Discussion in 'General' started by Flonkas, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Since the US protects every god damn religion, if we had a religion that involved smoking weed as a ritual in a church group gathering, would they still stop us? Could that shit end up in the supreme court?

I already know about those people that do this, but I dont think they actually smoke it together, I think they just praise it and smoke at home.

Im baked so if that makes no sense just let me know.

2. There was such a church for a long time until the leaders were arrested for smoking their cannabis. I think it was called "church of the universe" or something like that.

3. #3 Flonkas, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Aw. This was in the us? Isnt there something in some old document that protects freedom of religion?

4. Religions still aren't allowed to do things that are against the law, i.e. human sacrifice, etc.

5. The religion would have to have been established before the prohibition. Thus creating a religion to intentionally dodge the law.

Just don't mix the two and we should be fine?

6. Yeah I think BuffaloSoljah is right.

I know some Native American tribes are covered for using mushrooms and peyote in their rituals.

7. #7 Flonkas, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I guess your right man, but in the bible doesn't god mention that we should use the seeds he provided? And that was written before prohibition...

8. I believe there was one in California. Dont know if its still going. Think it got shut down for selling paraphernalia though.