Relationship Status

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by WildWill, Aug 14, 2012.

1. #61 SassyMelassy, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    Looks like I'm 1 of the 2 in the single parents club. It's a lonely damn club.

I've been in 1 long term relationship, with my son's dad, it was 4 years.
    I was in another relationship for a year, but ended it because I knew it wasn't going to go anywhere.
    I've dated casually, fallen in love, gotten my heart broken.

right now I'm feeling more "forever alone" than anything...

2. dont let those negative feelings over take you, its weird how the world works. if you start thinking negatively your perceptions of the world will slowly begin to emulate what you think.

as often as we like to think "we are alone" we arent, we are all connected we just dont realize it. things will get better for you.

3. I'm the other one in the single parents club. Lmao it is lonely isn't it?

I know how you feel.. I feel the same way sometimes too. Sometimes I just feel like I'm too weird for anyone to be able to truly get me and actually love me. The one guy that I loved never really gave a shit about me.

I'm not a bad girl, I think I'm pretty good (I will admit that I'm vulgar and make sexual jokes.. often lol). I'm a good mom, I take care of my kid, myself and I'm trying to make something of myself. I'm so young, I know there's a really good chance ill find someone, but somedays I feel that ill be alone forever. I don't even care if I ever get married I'd just like to date someone who legitimately cares about me for once.

4. Happily married to my wife. We aren't a fairy tale by any means but we are happy'.

5. i just want to care for someone, but i dont know how...

6. [quote name='"shestones17"']

I'm the other one in the single parents club. Lmao it is lonely isn't it?

I know how you feel.. I feel the same way sometimes too. Sometimes I just feel like I'm too weird for anyone to be able to truly get me and actually love me. The one guy that I loved never really gave a shit about me.

I'm not a bad girl, I think I'm pretty good (I will admit that I'm vulgar and make sexual jokes.. often lol). I'm a good mom, I take care of my kid, myself and I'm trying to make something of myself. I'm so young, I know there's a really good chance ill find someone, but somedays I feel that ill be alone forever. I don't even care if I ever get married I'd just like to date someone who legitimately cares about me for once.[/quote]

I feel your pain, sister.
    I just want someone to love and appreciate me. I have made so many sacrifices in my life in an effort to be a good parent and it has reallt taken its toll on me. I would give almost anything to have someone to lean on once in a while, someone to hold me and reassure me... I am really starting go lose faith that that will ever happen. :(

7. i feel the same way about my ex, i was madly in love with her. i felt like i could be myself around her and we had so much fun together. we were so awkwardly cute together lol, and then i get my heart ripped out. i later realized that she never really cared about me like i did her and all i was to her was a daddy figure and someone to fill that "space" until something better came along (or so she thought... dude has a suspended license now lmao).

some nights i wonder if ill ever meet someone that i can connect with and loves me the way i love them.

8. Single as of now. Pretty much the same spot as the rest of the people here... had my serious girl for 3-4 years, till she decided she was tired I guess. She ended up pregnant by another dude a few months after our breakup. Oh well. Besides that I'm just looking for aa chill girl, one that will have just as much fun sitting there watching TV as she would Goin out to the club or whatever. I don't really like clubs honestly haha. Laid back style I'd say.

9. That's my thing too. I'm awkward, kind of clumsy, I'm weird and I like a wide variety of things. Plus I'm hardly ever serious, I'm almost always making jokes or talking about something ridiculous. So not a lot of people truly understand me. I never really connected with my main ex, we had shit in common, but I never really made him laugh and he never really got me. Realizing that someone you cared so much about and gave your everything to never gave a shit about you feels shitty.

I wonder the same thing some nights and sometimes I highly doubt it.
    Sometimes I wonder if its because I'm not some bitchy girl that's an awful girlfriend.. their boyfriends (almost) always love them and would do anything for them. But chill girls, like me, that are good girlfriends (almost) always get treated like shit. The same thing with douchy guys and nice guys.

I feel exactly the same way. And after a few guys fuck you over after you're good to them you start to wonder is it me? Am I just shitty? Then you do some reevaluating and realize its not me, I'm not so bad. So what's the fucking problem then? And it just keeps happening in a cycle like that...

Is it so hard for someone to legitimately care about me? Because that's all I really want from someone I'm dating.. it just never happens.

10. [quote name='"shestones17"']

I feel exactly the same way. And after a few guys fuck you over after you're good to them you start to wonder is it me? Am I just shitty? Then you do some reevaluating and realize its not me, I'm not so bad. So what's the fucking problem then? And it just keeps happening in a cycle like that...

Is it so hard for someone to legitimately care about me? Because that's all I really want from someone I'm dating.. it just never happens.[/quote]

I feel that way, too. I make a conscious effort to only take as much as I can give and only give as much as I get but somehow I always end up giving...giving...giving and get nothing in return. I am kind and affectionate and nurturing, not psycho, I am laid back, not high maintenance at all. I'm not looking for a meal ticket, or fancy things, I just want a companion. I don't feel like it should be this hard, but I am constantly being taken advantage of, even when I know better. It is so discouraging. I just turned 29 and for the first time in my life I am having to consider the possibility that I may never find someone, and that has recently caused me severe, overwhelming anxiety. :(

11. my dad told me that a few months before he met my mom, he was 28ish, he had told his mother during one of their weekend phone chats that he has accepted the fact that he might be a bachelor his entire life and that he had dated a number of women but he didnt really feel a sense of companionship and love with them... until he met my mom and something in him told him she was the one. (it sounds corny and cliche but hey... its the truth)

you will probably bump into that lucky someone when you least expect it sassy, hang in there.

talking about anxiety though, ive been single for a year now since my ex and i parted ways... since college started ive seen my ex several times the past week by herself and with her new guy. i wish i could read her mind so i would know whats going through it; is she missing me because her new boy is a punk? does she ever think about me/us? what changed in our relationship? does her heart skip a beat like mine does when i see her?

what hurts the most is thinking about how close we were (or so i thought) and how comfortable we were around each other to what we have become now... somebody we use to know. it really sucks when one part of you wants to just reach out and hug, kiss, caress, and just listen to the person you miss but another part of you knows you cant because things wouldnt be the same and you will only get hurt more, the scars will rip open again.

ehhh... ill stop here for now, im starting to feel all emo and stuff.

12. I get that. I do the same. I always end up giving much more than I get. I'm sweet and I always want to help in any way I can. I often feel I need to take care of them as well. And its totally in a non-psycho, clingy way, I'm chill. Low maintenance, don't have any interest in a man taking care of me, I like to do things on my own, so I know EXACTLY what you mean. All I want is for the guy I'm dating to feel about me the way I feel I about them. The part about being taken advantage of even when you know better... I do the same thing! And its stupid because I can read people and see their intentions, yet I don't listen to my gut.. I feel like you're describing me in your posts. What are we supposed to do? We both just keep getting fucked. The only difference seems to be age. I wish I could help with help ease your anxiety somehow, but honestly its beginning to overwhelm me too.

I've been single for like a year and half now I believe? I'm honestly not sure lol. I'm pretty sure its been a year and a half or so... and literally every single guy I've talked to has only wanted pussy. Not that I'm completely innocent, I let guys know that I don't fuck without commitment, but after a few weeks I'll talk sexually with them. what can I say? I haven't had it in a while and I'm admittedly sexually frustrated. Once I tell them I seriously won't give anything up without commitment they stop talking to me.

I really do hope you meet someone sassy, shit I hope we all do. We're all humans, humans need companionship.

13. You missed one- happily married with kids! It does happen!:eek:

My sons are grown, but live with us (makes financial sense and we are still good friends) and I have been married to the same dude since I was 20.

Granny :wave:

14. Been in love three times. Had a few other relationships. I still feel like I don't know jack shit about life.

15. Single and happy :)

16. Had to choose between "Live (lived) together or "Dating expert/Player"

They both don't really fit the bill I guess, but I've had some relationships, some of about a year or less.
    One of 3 years, plus living together.

And I've never had a problem with the opposite sex.. So I chose Dating expert :laughing: :laughing:

17. Other: Left heartbroken by a girl who I was dating, will feel like this for a long long long time to come, this was the only girl I've could think of connecting with in my life so far; Thus foreveralone but not a virgin

18. Never been on a date, frenched a few women, was in a 3ish month long relationship long time ago, got a lap dance from one.

As of now I've been with my girl for about 2 years. We have a 6 month old daughter, can't say things are exactly peachy either.

19. I've had three relationships go past the two year mark. That's when they fell apart. :laughing:

But, lots and lots of relationships.

20. I used to be into long term relationships but I am a youngin so I decided short romantic stents are much more invigorating.