Relationship Advice?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HoneyDutch09, Aug 7, 2014.

1. I'll make this somewhat short.

So, I've been seeing this girl for a little over a year now and things have been rocky for a while. Things will be good for a little bit then she will "need her space" and push me away for weeks at a time. Pretty much just blows me off. I always feel like I'm the least of her priorities and everything comes before us. I'm not a very clingy person either, but to go days/weeks without reaching out to me feels disrespectful and makes me feel like shit. I do my best to listen and comfort her, but she just gets annoyed and pushes me away. Even when I just give her space and let her know I'm close by, she still blows me off.

Normally, this routine starts out when she gets stressed about something. The most recent one is her car getting totaled and having to move out and find a new place with her friends. But, even before this, she was still very distant. But only towards me.

Heres some examples of "pushing me away" or "blowing me off":
    -Shortly after last Christmas, she just stopped talking to me. For over three months, we occasionally talked at work and that was it. She's done this a few times where she just doesn't talk to me for periods.
    -She'll ask me what time I work or get off, then not text back for the rest of the day/night.
    -Any time I try to make plans, she always has "something" pre scheduled.
    -She is out of town right now and didn't bother making plans to see me or at least saying goodbye. No communication. She also did this two weeks ago when I had to go up north for a family funeral.
    -One word texts. Hey. No. Yes. Night.

She always pushes away when I try to get intimate (touching, kissing) and we haven't had sex in months. Granted, it's always a pain for us to try to have sex (she's too tight and dry most of the time), but she never wants to be close. I can't even remember our last kiss.

Now, I recently adopted a hedgehog for her birthday, but honestly, I don't want to give it to her because of the way she has been treating me. I always feel like shit, like I've done something wrong or not worth her time. And now I'm attached to this hedgehog and don't want to give it to her and have us break up (because I want to talk to her about this whole situation when she returns). I also don't want to give it to her because then she's stuck with an animal that reminds her of me. Would you give her the hedgie or get her something else? I wanted to give him to her weeks ago but... she's been blowing me off. I got him as a babe and now he's practically fully grown.

I understand everyone gets stressed and handles it differently. But, to push me away constantly? And it's not like she sits in her room alone. She just goes out with friends. Her and I haven't hung out in about two months. I'm just tired of this never-ending cycle and putting 100% in and getting nothing out of it. I don't bring up sex, hardly initiate any physical contact anymore, or pester her to hang out. I just want the same love in return. Just show me you care, ya know?

Any thoughts would be appreciated Sorry for the ramble

2. #2 LoveisKind, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    You will get better answers in the relationships and dating section. Anyway, you need to leave her alone totally. You are wasting your energy and it's draining you. I can feel your pain. Just gotta let it go and move on. Trust me, it took me 2 years to move on from my first love since we were off and on. Similar to you and it sucked. Was for the best when I decided to stop talking to him totally and we ended it civilly without anger from both sides, though it took a while to get to that point.

3. Keep the hedgehog.

Get her a T-shirt and a dildo for her birthday.

Do move on, she is not for you obviously.

4. She'll dump you soon. Sorry but it's the truth. Or she won't but still string you along. Good luck, homie you're gonna need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 LoveisKind, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    Don't give her nothing OP! Though I know you are joking snoop. His description of her sounds like a complete bitch that can't be honest and string someone along.

6. Can we get a picture of the hedgehog?

7. Awww that would be cute.

8. She doesn't like you anymore and doesn't have the respect for you to end it. Basically she's a scared bitch and I'm not sorry for saying that

It might be cuter then his bitchy woman... whatever she is.

10. Damn, shes disrespectful. End it, so you can atleast keep your dignity

11. Like ive said before, "you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Dont become that villain.

12. Harvey dent.? Is that you.? We believed in you and you let the people of Gotham down..

13. Sounds like an extreme version of me.  :unsure:

She doesn't like you dude, sorry.

14. Ditto on what everyone else said.

Honestly, you guys shouldn't consider yourselves a couple. People in relationships don't do that, so I wouldn't even call it a break up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Move on from her man. I know it might seem hard now but you'll feel so much better once you're over her and she's out of your life

Life's better with a little green

16. dude, dump her ass and find a woman that knows you are god.

17. #17 HoneyDutch09, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014

Since you asked so nicely.

WP_20140807_23_04_52_Smart.jpg

I love her, but I'm just so attached to this guy now. Plus, she has a crazy dog. I just don't know what to do. Regardless of what happens between her and I, part of me still wants to give him to her. But, then the other part of me says "No, stand up and be a dick"

How cool, i have lots of animals. My woman would have a cow if I came home with any more. LOL

19. Fuck her, dog...That bitch is loopy.

Keep the hedgehog and when she calls just be all, "Sorry yo, but I gots greenbacks to stack if I'm gonna be gettin' my next girlfriend...Deuces." :cool:

20. Coming from a girl, I can say with 100% certainty that she's not into you. You're simply her playtoy when she wants attention, and IMO, she's got other guys on the side. Keep that lil cutie, dump the bitch and find a woman that treats you right and can actually give you crazy good sex.