Relating Factors

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Growthe, May 14, 2009.

1. Here we go Friends. I am brand new to this growing thing but due to some "relating factors" it will be interesting to say the least. This is totally my own grow but in some photos you may notice some familiar set ups being that I share a home with a certain "uncle" of mine. Anyways, some info about what I have happening. Originally I started out with one Feminized SUPER GIRL seedling that I germinated in a sunny window. Which soon became a beautiful bouncing clonemaker. After I cloned it and the clones rooted I set them up flowering and found I had a BOY!?! What the? Long story short I tried again with another seed from the same source. Bang! Girlies! Cloned and ready to veg. I'll post some Pictures tomorrow. Stay Tuned!

2. My Feminized SuperGirl Mother. Just prior to taking 22 Clones. I have topped her repeatedly to provide maximum clone production while conserving space.
    [​IMG]
    Just after her second haircut. 22 sucessful births with full root production.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I top at strong nodes low on the plant. Once one of the tops has taken over I remove it to let the weaker top enjoy the bountiful light. This is an ugly method but produces clones on a schedule and minimizes space.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a potential clone still suckling mama's teat.
    [​IMG]
    Babies! Now 6 due to my unforgiving "staffing reduction." In perhaps 2 weeks it will become 4. The 4 strongest survive and will make it on to produce flowers for all of us to see. My "uncle" has proved that 6 is too many for the flowering cabinet area. I will stick to 4 and let them flourish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are the first three clones i took from mama when she was but a seedling so show sex. Girls for sure! I am excited to see how it goes. Setup post coming soon. :wave:
    [​IMG]

3. And yes... it is me. TONY DANZA. I'm in charge!

4. Loving that color of green! Keep it up, Tony. I really liked you on "Taxi," BTW.

5. 5/17/09
    Recovering from a bountiful feast on the HOBO-QUE last night I warily photograph my beauties.
    [​IMG]

Mama has recovered from her haircut on 5/14/09 and is growing some new clonies. Her roots are really thick and lopsided. I love it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I have both the Fantastic 4 and Mama in a large veg closet enclosed in panda plastic with a nice zipper down the middle. Shared obviously with another grower. 8 properly used 4' flourescents provided lots of light at little cost/heat production.
    [​IMG]

On top is a light proof opening on the left and on the right a 20lb carbon filter. Ducted all with 6 inch flexible tubing and powered by a 460 fpm 6 inch fan. Current temps range from 70-90F. I find clones root faster in warmer plain water.
    [​IMG]

I removed the two weaker clones and spread the fantastic 4 out evenly. I use a popular rooting hormone and recieve full roots within 6 days. Currently they are at 600PPm while veging. Tommorrow they will be transplanted into hydroton baskets and a larger container. Then bumped to a 1200PPm Veg for about 2-3 weeks.:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see supergirl buds. ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS OF SUPERGIRL?

6. So, a few weeks have gone by and some terrible things have happened. My mother, who had been showing what looked like severe heat stress finally provoked me to replace her with a clone.
    So cloned and rooted, my new mom has been starving for some nutrients. New bucket of hydroton and a little (1100ppm) nutrients, and soon she will be ready to produce the next grow's clones. YAY:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fantastic four have been doing their damn thing in the same space as the mother (deceased) with no problems at all. Riding high on 1150ppm, the fantastic four have recieved intense lollipoping. Keeping the main tops at 6 branches. Keeping the Largest fan leaves to four.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Topping has proved extremely beneficial in my "uncle's habit." So Here with 6 branches and 4 large fan leaves for a canopy, I topped between severly alternating nodes. Sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Fantastic four's amazing FEMINIZED SUPER GIRL roots are buck wild. This is the smallest root system of the four. Cleaning out the lower shelf of the VEG CAB has allowed for more light per plant. All should really start taking off now that all the trauma is over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Well, Here's something... Feminized supergirl had light leaks and re-vegged. Shot off a whole mess of 3 leaves and I didn't have time to wait for it to retry. Sorry, Here's my contribution.
    [​IMG]

8. Good thing theres clones all over the place out there