Reggae420 Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Reggae420, Feb 12, 2015.

1. #1 Reggae420, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    Hey guys, 

I have been around the site for the past 5 or 6 years so some of you may know me. Tons of you have helped me out more than I could ever imagine along my first few grows. In the time I've been a member on the site I have done 5 separate grows. Three of those were CFL grows in my closets that never really worked out but taught me a ton. My last 2 grows were in real grow tents with Metal Halide and HPS and I even successfully grew hydro pineapple kush. I still have tons to learn and continue to make mistakes so the plan is to update this grow journal to get some feedback from more experienced growers. 

Now for the grow. 

I am using a 32"x32" grow tent with a 6" inline fan hooked up to an exhaust in the ceiling. I bought a carbon filter when I first set up my grow room but with the fan constantly circulating the air and taking it to the attic smell has never really been a problem. As for lights I'm using  600W HPS and  600W Metal Halide bulbs. For nutrients I use the 3 fox farm liquid nutes, I have heard people recommend others but this is what I have been using since the CFL days and it has never done me wrong. 

As for what I am growing this time around, I got Haze Auto Tao and Demon Auto Tao. I don't know if anyone has experience with these but I got them from Top Tao Seed Bank on Attitude Seeds. I started out with 2 of each but one of the Haze's never germinated and one of the Demon's ended up being a male. Right now I have a 28 day old Demon and a 28 day old Haze. I also have a seedling of each under CFL's right now and another seed germinating. I am gonna try to fit 5 in the tent, don't think it will be too hard since they are autos, would like to hear some thoughts on this though. 

Now here are some pictures of the current setup and how the plants are looking right now:

This is the Demon

DSC_1150.JPG

DSC_1151.JPG

DSC_1152.JPG

DSC_1153.JPG

DSC_1154.JPG

DSC_1155.JPG

DSC_1156.JPG

DSC_1157.JPG

This is the Haze

DSC_1158.JPG

DSC_1159.JPG

DSC_1160.JPG

DSC_1161.JPG

DSC_1162.JPG

DSC_1163.JPG

DSC_1164.JPG

DSC_1165.JPG

DSC_1167.JPG

DSC_1168.JPG

This is the Demon seedling

DSC_1172.JPG

And here is the Haze seedling

DSC_1169.JPG

And here are some pictures of my "grow room" 
    Still just a closet but at least it's bigger than the closets I used to grow in haha

DSC_1173.JPG

DSC_1174.JPG

DSC_1175.JPG

DSC_1176.JPG

As you can see from the pictures the Demon is MUCH bigger than the Haze. I'm not sure why that is but I guess it must just be genetics. We'll see if the 2 seedlings act the same way.

2. Lookin forward cheers!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I just LST'd the Demon plant.

I know some people say not to train autoflowering plants but I have never had a problem with it. 

Just wanted to post some pictures of how it turned out.

Any thoughts?

DSC_1178.JPG

DSC_1180.JPG

DSC_1181.JPG

DSC_1182.JPG

DSC_1184.JPG

DSC_1185.JPG

DSC_1186.JPG

4. Don't let people tell you shit about not training autos. LST is in my opinion almost a must. You already get lower yields with autos and the LST really maximizes their potential. I actually accidentally topped one of my girls on this grow, was doing a bend and went just barely too far. Anyways, she actually ended up doing a lot better than expected. Colas ended up small, but there are a lot of them! Anyways I'll sub, and go check out my grow if you want to see some training on autos.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

5. Awesome man good to hear from someone else who trains autos. I agree, LST has always helped me and has never caused any problems so I see no reason to stop. That's interesting you were able to top without any problems, I was always curious about that. Maybe I'll try topping one of the new seedlings once they get bigger, would be a cool experiment. 

I'll definitely check your grow out as well. 

Thanks man.

6. Also, if you're looking for some new autos to try.

I grew some Dutch Passion AutoBlueberry and it is probably the best smelling/tasting weed I have ever seen. 

Smells exactly like Captn Crunch Berries it's nuts.

7. Wanted to post an update of how the plant reacted to the LST.

It has been almost 24 hours since I did it and as you can see from the pictures she responded really nicely to it. 

You can see on one or two of the leaves that there is a little bit of a rust color, I think this is because I am not giving it enough nutrients. I started her off with a lot of nutrients but laid off them for a while after I ran into some issues early. I think now that some bud sites are showing up it's time to add some nutes.

My question is, since I am using the Fox Farms Feeding Guide, but growing an autoflowering plant, I can't follow the weeks exactly as they say. Should I just start off with the amount of nutes the guide recommends for when you switch to 12/12 and follow that schedule till harvest?

Thanks a bunch guys

DSC_1191.JPG

DSC_1192.JPG

DSC_1193.JPG

DSC_1196.JPG

DSC_1198.JPG

DSC_1200.JPG

DSC_1201.JPG

DSC_1203.JPG

DSC_1204.JPG

8. Hey guys.

Ran into a little issue yesterday, the Demon plant started to droop quite a bit and I assume it was from not getting enough water. I was really trying not to overwater and I was gonna water last night (had been 4 days since last watering) and when I checked her in the afternoon she seemed really droopy. The Haze was also a little droopy but nowhere near as bad. I watered last night and this morning they both mostly bounced back. Some leaves on the Demon are looking shriveled up and as you can see in the pictures there are some rusty looking spots that I am a little worried about.

When I watered last night I used the amount of nutes that the Fox Farms guide said to use for the first week of flowering. 

Here are the pictures of the Demon

DSC_1216.JPG

DSC_1218.JPG

DSC_1219.JPG

DSC_1220.JPG

DSC_1221.JPG

Here is the Haze plant

DSC_1222.JPG

DSC_1224.JPG

DSC_1223.JPG

DSC_1225.JPG

DSC_1226.JPG