regenerating

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420smurfette, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Ok so bout 2ish months ago I did my first grow....went great with awesome bud.....it was dino vally thunder f*ck....as a new grower I failed multiple times tryin to take clones (still havin troubles but gettin better) so when I harvested I decided to regenerate them so I left a couple immature buds on the bottom and threw it back under 18/6.....after a month not a lot happened but seen buds suck back in.....well then I took those and cloned them (buds were still visable) well a month later.....I got new growth!! Super excited but is this what they r supposed to look like?

ForumRunner_20120909_133205.png

Attached Files:

2. #2 InTheGarden, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    Hey smurfette :wave:

Those look like normal, revegged clones to me. They will often throw out those 3 bladed leaves, that's just what revegged clones do :p. If you've got new growth and they seem happy, I'd say you're in good shape. I would still give them some more time to acclimate and get growing well before you try to flower them though. HTH :smoke:

Also, you will get better at cloning, it just takes a while to get your technique dialed in. First time I tried cloning I had 1 survive. 2nd round I had 2 survive. 3rd round I had 5 survive (you get the picture). Now I'm at 100% and holding steady. Once I figured out what worked for me instead of exactly following others methods my results improved (everybody's environment is different). If you want to experiment a little to get your cloning technique dialed in, you can always practice cloning something like a tomato plant. That way you can figure out what works the best without sacrificing canna cuttings!

3. Yeah I think I'm gonna leave them in veg for about 6 weeks maybe a little more....I like the fact that they r lookin bushy (bushier then the original) very excited I was able to save this strain.....its awesome smokin

First few clones I tried I failed miserably......I've been tryin I got a trainwreck in flower right now from my first clone that survived....she is about 4 and 1/2 feet and very nice lookin buds already started.....I took a clone off her about 3 weeks ago and just noticed new growth a couple days ago.....I just transfered her thinkin it would help her grow and the whole thing was filled with roots! I just don't understand the lack of growth?

ForumRunner_20120909_142822.png

ForumRunner_20120909_142844.png

4. So you're saying that the clone was well-rooted but you haven't noticed any new growth? And it's a 3 week old clone? I would say that you haven't noticed much new growth because she's been focused on building a good root system (and good root system = healthy plants :hello:). How big are the pots that you're using? They look a little small in the pic. It also is very likely that the clone was root-bound in the smaller pot. Now that you've got her in the bigger pot, once she settles into her new home, she should start pushing out new growth :). HTH :smoke: