Regenerating A Wonder Plant

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by TygTalaj, Aug 14, 2014.

1. I just harvested 2/3 of a plant that has gone above and beyond any harvest I've ever had, soil or hydro. 

Details on this plant:  unsure of genetics, but she never grew more than about 150cm tall, was deeply covered in buds and the buds heavy in resin.  I do one bucket grows under LEDs, using Sensi formula.  I balance the pH of a bucket of water, add the nutrients and a small pump pushing air.  Its a real bare bones system, but its come through for me time after time.

I've regenerated soil grown plants before, but not hydro.  Shall I leave this incredible root ball, or trim it back by 2/3?

2. As long as they look healthy still leave it. Revegs are fun.

Curious though why you chose to reveg over cloning?

1000 watt Scrog Journal

3. Reveges are great. In the future always take a clone of every plant you grow. That way come harvest you can toss the shit genetics (by toss i mean grow out once more if its worth it, without taking a clone) and keep a clone of your best strains. Then later breed your plants and make some seeds. Seed grows are definitely worth it!

4. I've had zero luck with cloning. Revegging, on the other hand, has been 100%.  I had one White Widow that revegged three times.

I've tried powder and gel rooting hormones, soil and water, humidity tents with misting. . .I'll take suggestions, as long as they don't require major monetary input.  All I need are three plants to rotate between veg and flower, and I'll be set for life.

clone like this, works like a champ, cost almost nothing.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/1127189-fayes-coffee-can-cloner-diy-tutorial.html?hl=fayes%20cloner