Regarding watering, drainage and evaporation

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by henheman, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Have a tent for 'tomatoes' , going to hang an led light in there and a potted tomato plant that's a couple of weeks old. Just wondering about the logistics to it.

Can a simple set up of the pot plant raised on some bricks with a water catcher beneath it work? What's the best setup method for a simple watering can method?

Cheers.

2. Pot and saucer lol bloody hell how much run off are you expecting? Haha

3. In the vegetative stage, how much water does the plant need? Rule of thumb seems to be first inch of soil dry, but how much water do you add?

4. I always feel the pot when it's compleatly dry and feel the weight then I will water until you see a little water then you no how much water to give and no when your pot is full. Let dry sleep repeat lol just when it seems lighter again add a little. It's always beat to let dry out not compleatly but defo so the pot is light then add more feed and water that way your promoting roots to search for water and food giving a better root structure

5. TBH ... I would go with Medium moisture knuckle test... stick your finger in to the first knuckle .. if its dry add water.. also when you water . add until you get a 10-20% run off... drain the run off and write down the schedule , the first time growing them will be a learning experience.. since "Tomatoes" are cheap ... you can afford to screw up .. make tweaks to improve them for next veg

6. Hmm mm are we sure you talkin about tomatoes hear lol

7. Awesome advice haha... seems we were on the same vibe ...
    Keep on Keepin on ,