Refrigerator Grow Many Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CanaBliZZ, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Okay, so I have been on this site for a while now. I have recorded previous grows and to my dismay my parent's always seem to find them and they were gone shortly after. It's been a few months now and im back at it again. Hopefully with a better plan this time.

I have a refrigerator in a back room in my basement. It's full size, It doesn't appear to work as the doors are not even on hinges. I cleaned out the inside because it has been sitting down there for a while, and I put a small light on 2 seedlings that I came upon growing in a house plant that a few of my friends through seeds in.

Now I have a fish tank floro light on the 2 seedlings but I know I will need to get lighting soon. I am planning on get CFL's as money is tight and like I said I can't have an extensive grow. Now I was at the store today and I was looking at the spiral bulbs and they say 150 on the top corner. Is that the actual WATTAGE? I am planning on starting out with a Y splitter on an existing light fixture I have and as the plants progress I am going to add more lighting.

Now what I like about this refrigerator is the fact that it is pretty old so therfor it has metal shelving (like a screen) as opposed to convention refrigerators that now have plexy glass as shelving. I figure that I can use this as an advantage for Sea of Green growing techinques, now as I can only fit about 2 plants in there (Which is what I intend on growing) seeing as though the likely hood of them both being females is 1/2 chance I think the method would work good.

My main question though is about lighting, I also want to install a ventilation system but like I said I can't have a stealth grow with intense fans blowing and holes in the refrigerator. I have several PC fans in which I can have in there to at least blow around stagnant air but im unsure of whether I actually want to cut holes into the side of the refrigerator. Mind you it's in a back room where the boiler, water filter, ETC is so you know I gotta make it stealth. Im not so much worried about smell due to the fact that the door is sealed and I don't find it an issue in the basement ( There are 2 doors leading into this "Backroom"

So if your replies could be speedy I would much appreciate it, I get my paycheck on Thursday and I am planning on buying the Y Connector and lightbulbs. I need to know what kind of bulbs I should get. (Preferably from lets say Home Depot, Lowes, or Walmart. Thanks a lot and I'll smoke this next bowl for you!:hello:

2. don't grow in your parent's house

3. yeah unless you gots permission

cuz all your planning could go down the drian

4. Lol okay thanks for the great input, I needed to know what kind of CFL's. My parents dont ever go down there and it's not obvious at all the way that I would do it.

5. Before you know it, they'll want to do the basement clean out and the fridge will certainly be an item that will go. Never fails...

Don't do it...

6. Dude its gonna smell and u cant do it without making wholes in the fridge.
    Your gonna get busted. Just make a nice huge outdoor grow somewhere far away.
    About the CFLs, I dont know, Im on LEDs. ;)

7. If you get busted, and your parent's face legal actions due to your operation, will it be worth it?

And yes, you will need an intake and exhaust (so 2 holes) in the refrigerator. Put the intake at the bottom, and exhaust at the top. Plants need fresh air with Co2 to grow, so just blowing around the air locked inside it will not be good enough.

Also I am not sure if a PC fan will be strong enough, most likely not, a refrigerator is a lot bigger than a PC. You need to figure out how many square feet the inside of the refrigerator is, so you know how powerful your fans have to be.

8. I highly doubt that my 1 or 2 plant is going to put me or my parents in a legal dilema.

Ps. Mods you can close this thread im not getting the information that I need. It's almost like I shouldn't grow weed, lol .