reflector?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sirsmok3alot420, Mar 23, 2010.

1. soo i am getting ready to setup for my first grow looked and priced things out..
    my plan is to make a 4x6 room out of plywood and i was told to put aluminum foil around the inside???? i also plan on getting a 400 watt HPS light.. and i planed on using 5 gallon buckets as my pot.. just drill holes in the bottom..

2. I would step up to a 600 watt light first off to cover that area. Perhaps a 600/400 which is what I have and enjoy the increased flexiblity. As for reflectors there is a great review on here if you search on them. I have both the Sun s2 n a xxxl they are both great but also not cheapo's. I figured why cut corners on something so important as the ballast, reflector, or light. Pretty sure they pay for themselves first time in increased quality n quanity.

3. okay so go to a 600 watt HPS light instead of 400.. and i search and could not fine what you where talking about.. would aluminium foil work?

4. I would just paint the inside flat white.

5. are you gonnna have the 600 wat in a closed hood or open hood ...if open i hope u got some good ventilation cus a wooden box hold heat to much i think...it becomes like a insulator and hard to get the heat out ...but just something to think about 600wat get pritty hot ...good luk i tries that box method once ....i put a 1000w wat with just a aluminum reflector and and ac blwing 24 7 just in the box...and stilll was hot...had to leave a 7x5x5 box for myclones with like 8cfl works great but hps is a no no ....make a room from tarp ....cheeper and leaves alot of room for error....great for beginers they sell it at home depot for 8 buks a 25 foot by 11 blak tarp....i made three roooms with that once.....hope this helps:wave:

6. white paint reflects better than foil any day of the week.

7. was going to have it a fully closed with a door in the front a fan blowing on one side and a fan blowing out on the other...

8. I'm so with you on this.

My theory is, and I may totally full of shit, but I believe it is because the color white gives off an even, almost blanketing reflection of light and any type of foil surface is never truly flat and therefore reflects the light in all sorts of differnt directions, like one of those infrared alarm systems you see in the movies.