Reflector hoods.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stones1503, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Hey guys hers a dumb question
    As like most who are on a budget I wanted to know before I bought.
    Out of all the different type of reflectors which are the best.
    I see that the wing types are the cheapest but I have heat issues so I am trying to get an air cooled setup.
    My closet is basically a square but it has 3 corners and the last is kidde-corned (best way to describe is it looks like the superman outline the S sits in)
    But roughly if it was a square it would be 38 x 38
    I want to get a 400 w system that I will add with my 2 150w to make a total of 700 w

Any suggestions or pointers would be excellent

2. 700watts is quite a bit for a "roughly" 3x3 area. Not to mention hard to fit all of that. I would just use a 400w light and nothing else. You will want to save the limited space you do have for plant growth.

These are really popular and work really well. I use this same hood: Hydrofarm DA6AC4S Daystar 6" with 400W bulb extension

3. [quote name='"HydroBuilderCom"']700watts is quite a bit for a "roughly" 3x3 area. Not to mention hard to fit all of that. I would just use a 400w light and nothing else. You will want to save the limited space you do have for plant growth.

These are really popular and work really well. I use this same hood: Hydrofarm DA6AC4S Daystar 6" with 400W bulb extension[/quote]

DUDE I WAS LOOKING AT THESE!
    Thanks now I'm really confident

Ya I know it's a lot I was also thinking 250 with both 150s on the side, I just my light to be even l across.... If it makes any sense to you lol, sometimes I don't explain thing correctly from my brain to hand so my explanations are sometimes.... Weird lol

4. agreed with everything here.

personally I use this one but you don't have space for this guy, so go with dudes link or something very similar.

5. That hood is a MONSTER! We just got one about a month ago and I was blown away by the size.... It's HUGE.

6. [quote name='"Mixted"']

agreed with everything here.

personally I use this one but you don't have space for this guy, so go with dudes link or something very similar.[/quote]

Damn that thing is pretty big I want one of those when I grow up lol
    Ya I seen it said drop ship only no fed ex or ups, so it's gotta be a decent size !

7. I'm sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm interested in hearing more about that Magnum XXL. It looks like a beast, can I get some more input on it? How is the light footprint compared with a normal sized reflector? Is it worth it?

8. Yes, it is totally worth it.