Reducing temp drop/ humidity spike

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by djdanko, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Going to flip to flower on about April 1st. I am beginning to become concern with the high humidity due to the temperature drop when the lights go off.

Temps go from Mid 70's to 60 after the lights have been off for an hour or so. The humidity spikes to nearly 80%. I have messed with the setting on my exhaust fan allowing it to kick on sooner to try to suck the humidity out, but it's not helping too much. Today I opened the bottom vents on my tent to see if that will help, but that is not an option during flower. Do I run a dehumidifier outside the tent? Any suggestions?

Running a CMH 630 at half power in a 4x4 tent.

2. Put a fan above and below the canopy to keep air moving and it will be fine. It would have to stay at high humidity without dropping when the lights come on and have very little or no air movement to cause issue. I grow in 80% or higher all the time. Plants actually loke high humidity. Just keep the air flow high

3. You could buy a little 200W heater and turn it on at night.

4. Running top fans when light goes on, bottom fans run at all times. 4 fans and t4 exhaust fan runs as needed.

5. Doing this will definitely keep humidity lower.
    Increasing temp results in greatly decreased humidity.
    I keep mine around 65% during lights on, and around 60% with lights off using a heater to keep temp around 68 F.
    These two work well together.

Add remote monitoring to make things really easy: