Red Stems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jaicen, May 16, 2003.

1. Hey guys, i'm growing some TNR's from seed under a 100W energy saving flouro (1200L). They're doing well, mostly with 3-4 nodes, however, some of them are developing bright red stems. Not all of them, just a few.
    What could be the reason for this? I don't think it's genetic, as my one of my Ruderalis Indica's are doing it too. Could it be 'sunburn'? I have the flouro about 1-2" from the plants, they seeem happy and haven't wilted.

Also, all the Ruderalis & TNR seedlings, (5 in total) look to be very Indica dominant, however one of the TNR's is strikingly different, very Sativa in appearance. I'm just wondering where this Sativa came from, since the parents of TNR are an Afghan male and a Thai fem.

By the way, all these plants are shortly to be grown outside int the midlands, UK. Any locals with tips that might be helpful??

Thanks,

~Jaicen

2. hey, im growing a plant now and its in flowering.. and i also have Red / purple looking stems.. im thinking its just a sign of the plant being extra healthy.. who knows,, just a guess.. and another thing.. i have no clue what kinda bud im growing.. i just know its lookin sexy