Red stems. Normal??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by KyungYi, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Could be normal or a problem. Depends on your strain. I've Bogbubble that stays red stemed and I've buddha sis that when starts to red I've small deficence.

alex

2. i've got some white widow crossed with some crazy potent bud, and the stems are extremely red and i'm at the end of the second or third week of flowering. does anybody know if this is bad or normal?

3. Huh, I'm kinda glad you brought this up. I'm having the same thing happening with my plants. Started out right from the very beginning, so I figured it couldn't be a nute deficiency already. But a few weeks into it, sure enough, the bottom leaves are yellowing as if they need more nitrogen. However, this isn't to say that's the definitive reason. That's just the answer in my case. I was hoping it was just a strain thing, as well but out of 4 plants (and two diff strains) one plant of each strain has a deep red on the bottom part of the stem. Dunno if that helps at all, but at least you're not the only one. :) Good luck!

4. Mine do the same thing when they get mature and start budding. So in my case, it's normal.

5. I take red stems in seedlings as a good sign. It means they're getting enough light. If they don't get enough light they stay green and stretch.

6. Do you mean red or purple?
    Check with proper sunlight, artificial lights mess up the color balance between red/green and blue....

If it's red it could be Phosphor deficiency (or P. lockout).
    In such a case, the leaves will show signs as well at the tips and the leave/nodes/stems will break off of the rest of the plant easily.

If it's purple then it's probably from stress.
    LST and the likes will do that to a plant.

Either way, definately not a good sign for a seedling, for then it means the soil is too 'hot' with nutes/salts and/or the pH is far from optimal.