Red Stalks?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by keatann, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Here's a question I haven't seen yet. On 1 of my plants, in a 5 gallon pot on my balcony, I've noticed that the stem coming from the larger fan leaves near the top is a reddish colour. My other plants don't have this. They are now into about 2 weeks of flowering. Everything else with these plants seems to be perfect so why is this one different? The flowers on this plant are the same as the others it's just the colour of the stalk that has me wondering. Any ideas??

2. 84 % sure its the strain so dont worry 'bout it.

3. Red? you shure its not purple and your a bit colorblind? Try a bit more P but it could be genetic too like what froggy said. 420shade, you should give them more P either way if there purple, it wont hurt them giving too much P becasue its hard to OD on it.

4. Purple is from Phosphorus deffeciency, it usualy hapens around flower and some strains the stem stays a bit purple. If you just changed to the new fert it may make the diffrence. Next time you water and it dosent improve buy ferts with high middle number wich is phosphorus.

Nitrogen-Phosphouus-K(potassium)

5. Sup all,

I can't agree more with whats been said in here,

sept i'm usin Miracle Grow Green, and Blue,

and i havn't had any problems with mel nutrition or discoloring,

but ya about the red and purple thing, it all about the strain,
    different strains have different make ups which would totally explain the other plants of the same strain being green instead of the one with redish color, :D

for example Texeda Timewarp is a purpley color,
    take a look,

L8r,

Attached Files:

6. The leaf stems on my plant are a solid purple/red while the stems are striped or somthing in certain spots and where the leaf blades join at the center its a solid dark color, id say it was normal heheh

7. I rekon you should by a ph kit and test the ph of the soil it is probably to high and you need p like old mate said

8. got the same thing going on with a plant, im thinking genetics, but it maybe a P problem or Mg, anyways im treating with mg today. let you know in a couple of days the result

9. that is prollie a vitamin diffenciy or possibly a differnt strain

10. it seems to me no one knows for sure, i have an outdoor thats stayed green all the way through flowering, now i see slight shade of purple where the flowers are are showing. whats up with that? i just feed with a tea based solution of 2%n 2%p 1%k i think this is a problem. i need more p, but dont know what to use organically.

11. I was looking around at manures and duck manure is .6 1.4 .5 but you wil have to let it compost or collect old shit. Did you look at bone meal its high in P.

While on the organic ferts topic i found out that rabbit manure NPK is,

"Rabbit manure-2.4 1.4 0.6- Most concentrated of animal manures in fresh form."

Sounds like its an awsome veg ferts. Im in luck because I have 2 rabbits in my backyard shiting there brains out with a 8" pile under there cages. Im going to throw some of this shit in my compost next time i turn it over.

12. no not yet im going to hit a gardening store this weekend. the manure i have is dehydrated aged, i guess ill continue to use on the outdoor and to see how it takes.