Red Pistils Small Buds.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by notorious101, May 26, 2012.

1. #1 notorious101, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
    Week 7-8 (Starting when I flowered) Some pistils are turning a brownish color. I have 3 Northern Lights and 3 Brains Choice. I also have 1 StrawBerry Blue (amazing aroma and look). The strawberry blue looks amazing and has 4 massive tops (I topped it ) The others, which i topped as well, all have small flowers and do not look nearly as good as the strawberry blue. I feel when they dry I will have nothing left. I do see trichomes around the base of the pistils but not many on the leaf's. Possible pollination?

2. Pics would be good :/

check to see if you have any hermaphrodite plants i suppose, have you seen any seed development. Also, how long did you veg them?

A little more info about the grow area and setup wood be good.

3. No camera phone :( I do not see any seeds developing from what I can tell. I vegged them for maybe 4 weeks got them about 10-12 inches. I just read that if the orange hairs come too soon they probably got pollinated, which stressed me out. I used advanced nutrients micro grow and bloom. I also used The Rock Resinator to increase yields. My Strawberry Blue looks amazing with a little orange on the tops of 2 of the Cola's. Again, the Northern Lights seem underdeveloped. They have looked the same for 2 weeks with no change.

4. Well have you looked at what pollinated buds look like? Do you have males present or male sex organs present on any of your plants? What kind of light set up do you have? Are the NL and BC receiving enough light, or are they being over crowded by the Strawberry blue? How big are your containers? Are you growing in soil? What kind? (might be over feeding if you have a good soil)

I don't think you have pollinated buds. I think you might be in the process of learning about how different plants react under the same conditions. Northern Lights is a hearty strain, all the same you might be overfeeding her some.

Pictures speak a thousand words, and would be infinitely helpful in getting to the root of your underproduction problem.

5. #5 notorious101, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
    Fox farm oceanic forest for soil. They are all recieving enough light I believe they are all about 6-7 feet tall. The strawberry blue is half the height and quite a bit smaller then the others. I am using 4 gallon containers. I usually feed them about once a week. I have seen no evidence of nutrient burn or anything.

My friend instructed me they were under fed, so I actually nuted them every other time I watererd for 1 week so they got nuted twice in a week once. I saw very minor burn on the older leafs, little enough were I wasnt that concerned. I will do my best to get some pictures.

6. Cool, let um ride. The NL might go 10 weeks or so, so you might just need to wait for the bud development to get going. 6-7 feet is pretty big for an NL indoors, what wattage lamp are you using? Where did you get the NL beans? (what company)

7. I honestly completely forgot what company. I have them under 2 600 HPS. Regarding the red hairs on the top of my Blueberry, when all the pistils turn amber/brown/red I chck the trichomes for color or is this incorrect? I did have males in the room about 7 of them I removed them they were sitting outside my room for a week before i burned them. When i say outside my room I mean a sold 50 feet from the actual room. That week is whats worrying me about possible pollination. I know it was an extremely foolish thing to do.

8. Too small of buckets for that tall of plant..also probably pollinated

9. If it is pollinated, how long until it willshow signs of it?