RED light question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vadimg, Aug 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Guys, if i give girls in flower 15 min before and after lights turn off of 730nm red light, does this mean i can put them on 13/11 cycle? what is the purpose of putting them to sleep faster?

2. I've successfully run photos on a 13 on -11 off cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. @JoshuaE should be able to help you with this

P

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm currently running 13.5/10.5 in flower using far red initiation. It's over in the indoor journals titled "Coming out of the closet."
    I use 5 minutes before lights out and 15 minutes after the main lights shut off
    The purpose behind this is the idea that more light equals more bud.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 bryan oconner, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    14/10 they will flower take longer. now a 10/14 will finish sooner. much sooner . slightly less yield then a 12/12 the 12/12 is not the best for every situation.. for start to finish ..
    will say run 14/10 first 2 weeks until there done growing in size then go to your 12/12 fir 6 weeks get them fat big buds then do 10/14 rest of the time to speed it up should be under 7000k n higher lighting finisher bulb led high in spectrum and or t5 10 k work best week 8 as well . but what do i know lol those 10 k mh bulbs suck do not use these for finishing . that is a different debate
    edit running crazy color lighting plants cant see the wave length its pointless or running weak lighting before or after lights on or off is pointless its a way of selling more equipment and timers lol...
    edit again lol running 20k watts in a 20/20 room there was zero difference in yield start to finish doing 11/13 except in the electric bill . in the summer its best around here to burn 10/14 damn ac murders the e bill the 2 hours saves 650 bucks a month yes less yield shorter harvest about a week less but co2 shaves a week off as well again thats a different debate
    yes im high as shit typing this