Red Hairs!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BluntStep, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Well I had two plants and out of all the nugs on the two, one had some nice red hairs.
    Any one know why this happen to only one nug?
    The pictures Go from uhh day 24 of flowering to day 57 (harvest)
    Large Pictures btw

Attached Files:

2. Cause they werent ready yet!!! Is that day 57 from the day you went 12/12?

3. Ya, harvested a bit early for sure. But I also notice you are probably using too much fertilizer. Notice how nice and lime green the leaves are in the earlier pics, then they become almost black at the end. This is usually a sign of way too much food. Did you even flush them before you chopped it? The leaves should start to yellow and die if flushed properly. Oh well, live and learn for next time. :D

4. that is 57 days after i switched to 12/12
    No the red hairs had nothing to do with being "ready" cause they were there in the beginning
    of flowering.

I did flush them man they havnt been getting nutes for a few weeks other then two shots
    of molasses early on
    I harvested that nug early cause i have probably 60% of the two plants STILL growing
    I know the leaves should turn yellow but i wanted the smaller less mature buds
    below to get some light and grow as well and now they are turning yellow

Check out the rest of the grow and it will probably fill in some gaps

5. So there ya go, about 2 weeks early. Ya could have waited for the tops 2 weeks then taken the smaller ones later. A lot of people never see the full potential of their plants because they pull too early. The last couple of weeks all the thing is doing is bulking up on weight and trichs. Patience pays off in this game.

6. from all the reading ive done and personal research....ive found red hairs mean potential for this bud to be very purple...i know this isnt always true but alot of what ive seen with red hairs leans to a plant that if put int he right conditions might turn purple....also go buy pocket microscope or good magnifying glass to check out the trichomes so youll know when your ready to harvest...what strain is this? what are your average temps day/night and do you currently use co2?

7. #7 BluntStep, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
    Jesus thats fucking awesome!!! and it explains why they turned purple very EASY lol
    iv got a good magnifying glass and have been watching them, there pretty cloudy right now.
    lol i have NO idea what strain this is, its bag seed from some pretty bad bricked mersh
    we used to buy alot of. The temps stay 75-80 with the lights on and drop to high 60's
    i think in the dark.
    I try to use co2 but i dont have a nice system down yet but they got a few shots of co2
    just with baking soda and vinegar
    BUT.....one day i forgot to shut my window and being winter n all it got pretty damn cold,
    but in the box it was prob low 60's and when i looked at them after that they had
    alot of purple!!
    I just took some pictures today and you can see the purple in the leaves n everything
    Heres the link to my grow
    Thanks man this was just the kinda answer i was looking for!
    +rep for you!

8. yeah man lower the temps a little and youll see more purple start to show....purple likes cold. dont let it go too low but if you can keep temps from 55-75 youll prob see darker buds and purple showing up...also if you add co2 purple tends to pop out a little more ...and one thing im doing with my grow is im gonna pick a small bud that will weigh about 2 grams once its dry when the trichomes are clear...then pick the same when theyre cloudy and then the harvest when theyre amber and youll be able to know when the best harvest that particular strain....bc not all bud is best when the trichs are amber...personally i love bubba kush when the trichs are half cloudy and half clear it is the best that way lol

9. ooooh i do see some purple in there haha....yeah man i bet if you grow this again youll learn the plant more and get more purple from it :)

10. hahaha excellent man i harvested like this so i could see the differences in the bud
    just like you said. I wanted to lower the temps to try n get purps but where the box
    is now i cant go cutting holes through walls n stuff to get the cool air.
    Im going to try n build a co2 generator with a day/night switch soon and keep
    trying to figure out a way to vent some cool air in there.