Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recommendations / Suggestions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jsalewis, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Hi All, thanks for reading.

I am writing on behalf of my wife. A little background info. She was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis almost 25 years ago. Since then her disease has progressed through all the stages from relapsing remitting and recently primary progressive. Primary progressive is the worst phase of the disease.

All conventional treatments for her has failed to stop the progression. Her primary treatment is now various clinical trials than have been ineffective as well. She suffers from chronic pain and the spasticity has progressed to the point she is unable to walk. Her doctor has suggested trying herbal remedies for pain and insinuated that marijuana may alleviate some of her symptoms.

We have a agreed to try to grow our own as we would have no idea who to reach out to for an acquisition. This board has a ton of great info, but the problem is we have no idea how or wear to obtain seeds. Can anyone provide any assistance or recommendations? We currently live in a state where the laws don’t allow mmj in any way. Any assistance will be appreciated and kept in confidence.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'm a big fan of autoflowers, and Mephisto Genetics (autos only) is an excellent source.
    Welcome to Mephisto Genetics US Store. Home of the Autoflower Enthusiasts! | Mephisto Genetics USA
    They presently don't have a credit card pay system because credit card companies are hassling seed providers.
    If you order directly from them, the 1-seed packs will really contain 2 seeds, plus more freebies on top of that.
    Sending them cash thru the mail is perfectly safe.

Another easy seed source is Growers Choice in CA (autos and regulars, 3 seed minimum), and they take credit cards.
    Cannabis Seeds California - Buy Cannabis Seeds For Sale - Growers Choice Cannabis Seeds

Most of the other seed sources in the US have 5-seed packs.
    For those who like variety, it could take years to grow that many.

If/when you decide what you want, many here can help.

Most people grow in a tent with carbon filter and exhaust fan to eliminate incriminating smell.
    And LEDs have become the most popular light source.

• Like Like x 2
  3. For seeds many here use
    The Vault.
    Royal queen
    Dutch Passion
    Single seed center

Several others a web search for "Cannabis seed" will turn up.
    The drawback with growing your own is your about 20 weeks from having a harvest.

Have you considered a trip to a legal state like Colorado to see if she gets relief from Cannabis first before possibly violating state laws by growing in an unfriendly state. This way you'd know up front before taking the risk and the wait could all be for nothing if it doesn't help.
    Cannabis is a hit and miss drug as to who and what it helps and only experimentation will tell you for sure.

You could start with CBD which is now widely available. Even major pharmacy chains like CVS are stocking it.
    For many like myself it seems THC is the part that works for my pain stopping it cold and only high doses of Opiates have done as well.

I have a close friend who has battled MS for many years and I sympathize with you and your wife's suffering.
    We can certainly help whichever path you choose to pursue.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Best of luck. I do hope your wife finds some relief from cannabis. It may take some time experimenting, but you should be able to find a strain the helps.

5. I hate hearing stories like this.......especially since so many of us here just want some semblance of our lives back from before our particular maladies and desperation drove us here.

After a shattered leg, that was re-broken 4 times, then topping it off with a fractured spine, I spent the better part of a decade bouncing from one type of pill to another, steroid injections, nerve blocks, acupuncture, chiropractors, witch doctors, and VooDoo.

I was stubborn and hard headed and hell bent on not reaching for something that didn’t come from a pharmacy. But for the past year, I’ve been experimenting with cannabis. At first, being in an unfriendly location, this was virtually impossible as what was available locally is junk being grown for the illicit trade, and you get zero useful information regarding the contents and ratios of the chemicals in the product, which makes it impossible to have any control measures from which to base effectiveness of a particular product.

A month ago a traveled to a friendly state because enough is enough already. I spent ten days with other chronic pain patients, dispensary employees, two different M.D.’s, and visited no less than fifteen dispensaries, gathering samples from each based on the discussions with cannabis and medical professionals.

I second the suggestion to (if at all possible) try to make a trip. There isn’t a one-size fits all answer. I tried 100% CBD. I tried 1:1 THC:CBD ratios. 2:1 ratios. 100% THC.

What I found were strains that got me just absolutely baked/stoned without any pain relief, strains that gave me good relief and got me stoned, strains that gave me decent relief without getting stoned, strains that gave me excellent relief without getting stoned, and everything in between. Point is, everyone is different, and reacts differently to different strains, and the different strains work differently on different types of pain and ailments.

I ultimately found three products that were useful for me; Montel Williams’ brand of 1:1 THC:CBD gives me good pain relief without getting “stoned” at all. He also has a 9:1 ratio that I’ve used for bedtime, though it has a lot more of an intoxicating effect/high, but is most excellent for sleep. Unfortunately, the packaging doesn’t give any information at all regarding strains.

The one I found to be most helpful for bad pain days is 9lb hammer......and it can hit you like a 9lb hammer and leave you in what I’ve seen people in the cannabis community describe as “Couch lock”........but it doesn’t have to. I’ve been able to get good relief without ingesting so much as to achieve a psychoactive “high”. It will get you high, but I don’t have to use that much to get the results I desire. I can also use more of it at bedtime, which helps me sleep much like the 9:1 I mentioned above. Before June 2019, I hadn’t slept through the night in over a decade. I’ve slept through the night over a dozen times since finally finding the strains and method of ingestion that works for me.

Pacific Seed Bank is where I bought my 9lb hammer autoflower seeds, but have not grown anything from them yet so I cannot attest to the quality of the seeds.

As an anti-cannabis convert to Pro-Cannabis Activist, I whole heartedly endorse it’s use. But it’s not a “one plant to rule them all” type proposition. Finding the right combination of desired effects without the undesirable effects can take some time, effort, and $. But once you find the combination that works, it can really feel like you’ve been given at least some of your life back.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1