Recommendations for cabinets or cases ?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by opalwhyte, Oct 24, 2011.

1. I've been looking at various designs from fridges, pc cases tents and wooden cabinets, and wanted to ask folk what sort of sort case theyd recommend for someone with my requirements

Ideally Id like some sort of plastic cabinet that wasnt wood ( for safety ) where I could easily mount lights etc and maybe get 8 - 12 plant yield.

As I cant stand ( disabled ) it would also be a lot easier if it wasnt so high as well ,just so I could reach in easily ( maybe 3 - 5 ft ) and no more than 2-3 ft depth by 3-4 ft width.

The less work I have to do modding the case or removing shelves etc the better ,as my joints aint that great when it comes to DIY .

I must admit something like the lowryder growbox looked very appealing , but from what I hear its badly built , so anything like that in terms of dimension / rough build - but bigger - might be a good start.

Im not in the US but I can get stuff shipped if it doesnt weigh a ton.

peace.

opal

2. Try a goodwill or thrift store, for a cheap cab.

3. Got a budget?

What kinda lights do you have access to in europe?

Could you pay someone to build a cab?

Local nursery for supplies?

It will be a uphill battle but if you stick tto a plan it can happen

4. #4 opalwhyte, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
    I think we pretty much have the same sort you do from what Ive read , other than running a different voltage to you of course.

I dont know about paying any one , I live alone and other than maybe my father dont tend to trust folk I dont know - any organization or local business would just rip me off as they do most people incapacitated ( that includes disability stores here too )

Anything local that would require me to go out would be a problem given - i am -and have been housebound all year , im almost tempted just to get kit or at least tent but i heard there were issues mounting lights etc with tent and mylar inside rips easy.

Also - I noticed some tents have steel frames as opposed to plastic - which I assume would help lot more with mounting things like lights ?

opal