Recipie for a Amazing Tea plz help!!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by rapo9510, Aug 13, 2012.

1. HI GC IM pretty new to outside organic teas ? I was hopping some of you would be so kind to let me in on the secret ! I have never brewed a tea but have used it in my feedings ! If some of you could help me with a play by play including ingredients and measurements along with instructions on how to get a tea that the girls will love !!

Should you run a different tea when transferring from veg to flower?

I know teas are mainly used outside does it make sense to use it inside ? Is it as quality as running a line up of botanicare / advanced / GH organic line ?

I know there's probablly lots of different takes on this and I understand. hopefully some of you have experience and have found what seems to work better for you ! I would of course like to hear everyone's input !

Keep em FLOWERING GC !!
    Thanks

2. Here is a place to fill your head with new thoughts http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/333940-post-your-organic-tea-recipe.html

And here is my recipe. 1 gallon un/de-chlorinated water
    6 tablespoons vermicompost
    1 tablespoon un-sulphured mollases

I have 3- 6" airstones each hooked to an aquarium pump. I turn them on and add the vermicompost. I put the mollases in a cup of warm water and stir it, then pour it in the gallon bucket. 24-30 hrs later I shut it down and unhook it, clean it.

Many may tell you that I am wrong for using such small pumps and the aquarium airstones.
    But, i am only making one gallon at a time and it seems to work for me.

Hope this was of some help,

Sam

3. This place will put you down the serious right path to multiplying microbes Microbe Organics

4. [quote name='"Sam Mcgee"']Here is a place to fill your head with new thoughts http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/333940-post-your-organic-tea-recipe.html

And here is my recipe. 1 gallon un/de-chlorinated water
    6 tablespoons vermicompost
    1 tablespoon un-sulphured mollases

I have 3- 6" airstones each hooked to an aquarium pump. I turn them on and add the vermicompost. I put the mollases in a cup of warm water and stir it, then pour it in the gallon bucket. 24-30 hrs later I shut it down and unhook it, clean it.

Many may tell you that I am wrong for using such small pumps and the aquarium airstones.
    But, i am only making one gallon at a time and it seems to work for me.

Hope this was of some help,

Sam[/quote]

Awsome appreciate the input sam ! Hey if all you need is a gallon then that's what you need ! I am probably looking for at least 5 gal brew I'm looking into those links now

5. But remember that you can dilute an aact down a lot! One gallon can be mixed w like 50 gallons on clean water to spray a whole acre..

6. [quote name='"skunx818"']But remember that you can dilute an aact down a lot! One gallon can be mixed w like 50 gallons on clean water to spray a whole acre..[/quote]

Aact ?? Air activated comp tea ?

7. Something like that... actively-aerated-compost-tea

8. [quote name='"skunx818"']Something like that... actively-aerated-compost-tea[/quote]

O wow the one gallon tea I get is to mk 10 gal does this mean it's not as rich off npk rating as the recipe u hv ?

9. Aact's are not the same as a nutrient teas. The point of an aact being to add microbiology to soil. Feed the soil life and they'll feed your plants. Read the stickies and links provided above

10. This is a compost tea i use:

Note: To promote fungal growth add baby oatmeal to compost at a rate of 1:20 ratio (.80 oz per 2 cups) two days before starting the compost brew its self.

2.38% compost: 5 x 2.38% = 0.119 = 1.9 cups = 2
    0.50% molasses: 5 X 0.5% = 0.025 = 6.4 tablespoons or 6 tablesoons + 1 teaspoon
    0.063% fish hydrolysate: 5 X 0.063% = 0.8 tablesoon or just under a tablespoon
    0.063% soft rock phosphate: 5 X 0.063% = 0.8 tablesoon or just under a tablespoon [JUDGEMENT CALL ON SRP due to radioactivity]
    0.25% kelpmeal MAX.; 5 X 0.25% = 3.2 tablespoons MAX: Be aware that kelpmeal can slow down brewing time

Botanical tea:
    1/2 cup kelp meal
    1/2 cup alfalfa meal
    1 gallon water

Aerate for a day or two (just to get the nutrient dissolved into the solution as best as possible)
    Strain plant material
    Spray at lights out.

Thank me in the morning lmao.

11. [quote name='"SeanDawg"']This is a compost tea i use:

Note: To promote fungal growth add baby oatmeal to compost at a rate of 1:20 ratio (.80 oz per 2 cups) two days before starting the compost brew its self.

0.063% soft rock phosphate: 5 X 0.063% = 0.8 tablesoon or just under a tablespoon [JUDGEMENT CALL ON SRP due to radioactivity]
    0.25% kelpmeal MAX.; 5 X 0.25% = 3.2 tablespoons MAX: Be aware that kelpmeal can slow down brewing time

Botanical tea:
    1/2 cup kelp meal
    1/2 cup alfalfa meal
    1 gallon water

Aerate for a day or two (just to get the nutrient dissolved into the solution as best as possible)
    Strain plant material
    Spray at lights out.

Thank me in the morning lmao.[/quote]

LMFAO I'll let you know how that works out for me is this a general all purpose tea ? Preferred veg or flower ? I'm imagining with the molasses it's a macro tea ?? I am new to the whole TEA thang ... Almost embarrassed haha so you don't dilute the tea ?? Is this stricly a foliar feed ?

Sorry about all the questions man but I 110% appreciate the help !

12. Compost teas or for microbial inoculation.
    These beneficial aerobic soil microbes cycle nutrients in your soil and get those nutrients to your plant.

As a foliar spray they take up infection sites and help to protect your plant from possible pathogenic microbial take over.

Botanical teas are straight nutritional (and in some cased also add plant hormones that create explosive growth). Think of a regular tea bag in your cup. Those nutrients partially dissolve into the solution that you then drink. In this case, drink means foliar application.

Which one is more important?
    I would say the compost tea.
    But really, i cannot do without either.

HTH
    SD

13. [quote name='"SeanDawg"']Compost teas or for microbial inoculation.
    These beneficial aerobic soil microbes cycle nutrients in your soil and get those nutrients to your plant.

As a foliar spray they take up infection sites and help to protect your plant from possible pathogenic microbial take over.

Botanical teas are straight nutritional (and in some cased also add plant hormones that create explosive growth). Think of a regular tea bag in your cup. Those nutrients partially dissolve into the solution that you then drink. In this case, drink means foliar application.

Which one is more important?
    I would say the compost tea.
    But really, i cannot do without either.

HTH
    SD[/quote]

SD do you know of a link that could give me some info about the two different teas ?
    how to brew?
    What to brew in them ?
    Is there a way to test the tea once it is brewed ? I hv a Hanna combo ...

Really appreciate the helping hand !

: Knowledge:

14. Honestly the concept for a botanical tea is almost common sense.
    just think of a lipton tea you normally drink. what makes it effective are the ingredients.

Compost tea info
    I will only recommend Microbeorganics.com
    How to brew Thats a link to a brewer thread
    best way to "test" your compost tea is with a microscope.
    If it looks like whats on microbeorganics.com you're in great shape

15. [quote name='"SeanDawg"']Honestly the concept for a botanical tea is almost common sense.
    just think of a lipton tea you normally drink. what makes it effective are the ingredients.

Compost tea info
    I will only recommend Microbeorganics.com
    How to brew Thats a link to a brewer thread
    best way to "test" your compost tea is with a microscope.
    If it looks like whats on microbeorganics.com you're in great shape[/quote]

Thank you so much SD you really have helped me understand and intrigued me toget my feet wet with brewing my own teas the info u have shared with me is SOLID ! I apologize that it took me a while to respond .

Is there a tea to treat fungus gnats there larve is starting to beat up my girls ??

Have you ever herd of thuricide I think it called ? Active ingredient BT I am pretty sure it's a bacteria ...

16. #16 SeanDawg, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    [quote name='"rapo9510"']

Thank you so much SD you really have helped me understand and intrigued me toget my feet wet with brewing my own teas the info u have shared with me is SOLID ! I apologize that it took me a while to respond .

Is there a tea to treat fungus gnats there larve is starting to beat up my girls ??

Have you ever herd of thuricide I think it called ? Active ingredient BT I am pretty sure it's a bacteria ...[/quote]

Im really not sure of the BT im sorry. Again the neem meal would keep all of that out of your soil in the first place. Honestly this experience is a good learning experience at least. Try mosquito dunks. Ive heard other people trying it with great success.

Try using mosquito dunks in a search string and im sure you'll find benefit!
    Good luck! :)

[quote name='"fif3l"']Get some mosquito dunks.
    I did like 1/4 of the wheel to a gallon of water or so. Drenched the soil. No more gnats.[/quote]

17. [quote name='"SeanDawg"']

Im really not sure of the BT im sorry. Again the neem meal would keep all of that out of your soil in the first place. Honestly this experience is a good learning experience at least. Try mosquito dunks. Ive heard other people trying it with great success.

Try using mosquito dunks in a search string and im sure you'll find benefit!
    Good luck! :)

[/quote]

I am trying to get that neem but hv to order it lk 3-5 day ship I'll try the BT and if that fails I'll hit it with either or of the others I know I could get hands on dunks thanks once again for some knowledge youve seriously helped me out in getting started on true organic !

18. [quote name='"rapo9510"']

I am trying to get that neem but hv to order it lk 3-5 day ship I'll try the BT and if that fails I'll hit it with either or of the others I know I could get hands on dunks thanks once again for some knowledge youve seriously helped me out in getting started on true organic ![/quote]

:)

Well im glad i could help! That right there makes it all worth it!

19. [quote name='"SeanDawg"']

:)

Well im glad i could help! That right there makes it all worth it![/quote]

Hey man I can't find tht link but I have it printed out I'll check to see if it has a URL on there sry

20. [quote name='"SeanDawg"']This is a compost tea i use:

Botanical tea:
    1/2 cup kelp meal
    1/2 cup alfalfa meal
    1 gallon water

Strain plant material
    Spray at lights out.

Thank me in the morning lmao.[/quote]

I plan on brewing the thank me in the morning tea do I add the ingredients above the botanical tea in with the kelp meal alfalfa n 1 gallon water or are they separate ? :confused :