Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe for Everclear + Kief tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by tstick, Jul 12, 2012.

1. I want to make a green dragon type of tincture, but here's what I want to try as a variant on the basic theme:

I made several quarts of Limoncello, Aranciello (lemon and orange zest macerated in alcohol) over a year ago and they have been aging in my basement. I made them with Everclear (190 proof grain alcohol)

I want to add an amount of kief to a portion of them and then let them age for several more months. How much should I plan on adding per quart?

What about decarboxylation of kief? Is it necessary if the plan is to let the bottle stew for several more months?

Thanks for any information/advice.

2. So....does the kief need to be decarbed at 325 for 5 minutes? Or, am I good to just let time do the work?

3. Did you do any searching? I have come by plenty of info and yes i think decarbing would be best but that temp is to high. Search edibles man and there is plenty of info, can't remeber all of it myself atm sorry couldn't be of more use.

4. decarbing occurs at 212 degrees..... the temperature that water boils

and yes, you want to decarb it beforehand