RECHARGE Beneficial Bacteria + DWC

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SuperStrainIndoor, Jul 1, 2017.

1. IMG_2744.JPG
    Anyone use RECHARGE beneficial bacteria in a DWC bucket with air stones? Just made a whole nute solution with 2 tsp of recharge in it only to find out it foams up like crazy because of the air stones.

Anyone know if I can remedy this batch of nutes or should I just make a whole new solution without recharge in it?

Thanks, all advice is greatly appreciated.

2. I do believe that type is used for soil only...I can't see without my glasses but does it say somewhere on Thier reference to hydro or soil....I can't remember if that's the one or not ...but if it's for soil ....your gonna have microbe party in there ...do turn on music for them..

good luck and good grows keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd love for there to be a possibility of using this product in a hydro setup. Damn thing was $30.

Did a little research and found a guy that let the bennys sit in water for 24 hours first. Currently have the air pump off, going to turn back on in a day and see if it still foams up.

4. It states for soil use but doesn't state not to use/ can't be used in a hydro setup.

5. there is one intended for hydroponics...I forgot the name as my wake and bake has me Chinese right now ...but if it says soil...there's a reason....if not the company would put "can be applied in hydro or soil" as a selling point....they only put soil on that one so they can't get touched legally when shit goes wrong . by law they aren't required to specify what it's NOT for...just what it's for...i wouldn't use it....especially not in Dwc..

good luck and good grows keep us posted

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ive got some Orca you can find it on amazon for 10 dollars for a 100 ml bottle. It works both soil and hydro. Check it out

• Like Like x 2
  7. yup that's the one I had and it seemed to work great in recirculating hydroponics could not have remembered the name though...and I got it from amazon as well!! good luck and good grows keep us posted

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hydroguard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Far as I know recharge is hydro safe.

https://www.realgrowers.com/product/recharge/

"Recharge is a Bio-Fertilizer and can be used in BOTH ORGANIC & CHEMICAL PRODUCTION"
    Chemical production is hydroponic.

5 out of 5
    MangledRemainz – January 6, 2017

This is my first run using recharge in DWC and have to say it works great! All my plants look super healthy and are praying to the lights! This is the first time I haven’t had issues with PH swings and any major nutrient lockouts. Thank you Scotty Real!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 2tsp is a lot. Maybe try starting with half dose? Think of it as something that just helps establish cultures that then multiply by themselves afterwards. Don't use it like a supplement.

I know it has humic acid, molasses and other things but if it's making the res dirty I would limit it. You still want those good cultures in the root though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 24 hours later with the air pump turned off, I've turned the pump back on and the foam is noticeably more tame than it was prior. Before it was oozing up through the hydroton. Now it just foams up to the bottom of the net cup.

12. I heard about recharge a long time ago from youtube videos. I was planning on trying it one day possibly. I'm using GH rapid start, AN piranha, and Botanicare hydroguard for my beneficial microbes. I also use GH diamond nectar for humic/fulvic acid, and florlicious plus, I use AN's budcandy for a molasses substitute.

Recharge will replace all of those products. That's one reason it's so appealing. I'm not sure it's better in DWC but it has most of that stuff. I hadn't heard of the foam issues. I've seen other people use it without the foam. It may be better for coco or promix hydro because of that. It could have something to do with it having real molasses in it. Most people growing DWC avoid straight real molasses because it causes foam also. I had figured it was a dried or somehow conditioned variety that was hydro safe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just curious if you've had PH issues using recharge.. I've tried it in coco coir 3 times now and it always locks my ph in at 6.8. I'll try it outdoors with tomatoes next year. It does build a healthy root system.

14. I'm giving the recharge a shot in my RDWC. I just inoculated my res and it has been through the system. I used 1 sample pack for a total of 30 gallons so not too much but enough for a microbe party. It appears the roots have picked up alot of the recharge which is good !

Heres a before and after pic.

I'll post some more in a day or two for comparison.
    20200102_145405.jpg 20200102_155937.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Han, bro, this thread has been dead for years

16. As Tbone Shuffle above mentioned above. I think what you may be seeing is the molasses. I did have explosive root growth using it in coco. I'd grow out clones using clear cups with a solid color cup over them so I could view the difference between using recharge and the control group without recharge.

• Like Like x 1
  17. And I brought it back lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Touché my friend

• Like Like x 1