Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recently getting depressed/feeling weird while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Argonaut, Jun 1, 2011.

1. #1 Argonaut, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
    Hello everyone, I've been smoking for about a year now. I started smoking occasionally right before my 18th birthday (I am 19 now), and then I started smoking regularly when I went off to college (away from my parents), and I really enjoyed it. But ever since I got home from college I feel like I just get depressed while I'm high. Maybe it's not really depression, because it doesn't necessarily make me feel sad. I just start to realize all the things that are bad or wrong in my life, and sometimes I even contemplate quitting smoking weed while I'm high, because I start thinking it's bad for me or something. However, when I sober up I'm completely fine, not depressed or anything, and I no longer see anything wrong with smoking weed, nor do I think it's bad or unhealthy for me.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Could it be that it's because I'm around my parents now so I'm a little on the edge? (But even when I smoke with my friends outside of my house, I still start feeling this way?) I'm not sure if my parents know I smoke, but my dad has told me he used to do it a lot when he was younger, and my mom talks about MMJ in California and how it's no longer a big deal (and from what I can tell she doesn't really oppose it, but not necessarily support it).

2. Yeah. It can make you think of sad things at the same time make you not give a hoot

3. Sometimes I feel the same. I don't know what to make of it except that your brain is more stimulated so you tend to analyze everything more or maybe it's your subconscious feeling coming up. You do know what they say though "It reveals you to yourself" so take it for what it's worth I guess and try to fix said things in your life.

4. Good point. Who knows, maybe this can be a good thing, and I can use it to help me rid myself of the bad things in my life.

5. Sometimes i think of times ive really let down my parents back in highschool or when i really messed up it gets to me but when i sober up not so much the hard feelings on some of it..your really think more when your high and some stuff really just gets to you really depends on the person i guess..

6. Yeah, I'm in a similar age and position. What an above poster said was correct, weed makes you think more, so if there are more negatives in your life than perhaps previously, then you'll think about them when high.

It is as if your body's GPS is trying to guide you in the right direction and it's an element of cannabis which makes me wonder how the hell there are so many lazy potheads. When I don't do anything about them, weed will send me into a spiraling depression...

So it's up to you: do you ignore the nagging feelings and sit there in 30 years doing the same thing not having got anywhere, or do you want to be a successful pothead. Your choice. :cool:

:smoke:

7. To go along with this guy, think of it as constructive criticism

8. I've discovered that those sessions help me find the things that have been bothering me and sometimes you even figure out how to fix the problems. That same state is the one where I go on crafting benders. Sew costumes or clothes, crochet, embroider things. Find something creative to do so you can re-channel your thoughts if it really bothers you.