Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recent tightness in chest area after smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by O G, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Im not new to smoking which is why this is really pissing me off. Lately after I smoke I get this weird pain in my chest / rib cage area and I really don't know why. I think it has to do with me being oonstantly anxious after moving states recently but even after I moved I wasn't dealing with this shit. I was wondering if anyone else feels this as well?

It's usually after a gravity bong that I feel the most uncomfortable but still even when I use a bowl or roll a joint I still usually feel slight discomfort. If I get my mind off of it it'll go away, however sometimes I'm just really stoned and don't know what to do so for some reason I focus on the discomfort

Thanks for any helpful responses

2. I have breathing problems when I smoke, I always cough way more than my friends, and I always have tightness in my chest. THC is an irritant to the lungs, maybe you have asthma or something, and it's just a bad combination?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I get discomfort in my lower chest after taking big hits some times, it's gas/smoke trapped in air possibly. All I know is that it goes away within an hour usually and i'm always fine later :D

4. @[member="JTRX"] yea I noticed it usually stops or isn't noticeable after 45 minutes to an hour it just sucks having any pain at all

Thanks for the responses

5. I've had this discomfort for over 30 years of toking.  I'm 71 now with the early stages of emphysema.  If it was going to kill me I think it would have by not.  I don't smoke very often anymore because it makes me cough really hard and it makes the congestion in my entire respiratory system way  worse.  Now I use a Vapir No2 mostly.  It doesn't cause congestion nearly as much as smoking does.

6. @[member="OldPothead"] haha that's good to know and thanks man I've been thinking about getting myself a vaporizer for awhilebut I think I'll have to now

7. i get discomfort in my throat from bongs. i used to love takin fat rips when i didnt dab. but my lungs are fucked and smoking weed gives me tons of tar. i dab nd it feels nice on my lungs. i think dabbins healthier although i dnt care about health

8. @[member="xxOgkushxx"] I still haven't ever taken a dab lol

9. Dabbin?  What is that?  I don't know that one.  I'm a ignorant country hick and don't know all the current names for things.

10. #10 O G, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
    @[member="OldPothead"] to take a dab means to smoke hash oil - butane hash oil or BHO exactly

11. bho

12. Yeahl oldPotHead!

13. I dab, fewer plant carcinogens, but it's super potent so you'll probably cough more anyway xD

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thanks guys.  I'm not sure I'll get into extractions.  I like bud and hash.  Don't like eating it.  Hash oil is nice but a hassle to make and I can't afford to buy it.

15. I feel it. Its just that your stoned. Just go with it :)

16. I get the feeling that my stomach is sticking out really far and i can't suck it back in. I also feel like my nose is slightly pinched closed and makes breathing through my nose feel really weird even though its clear and booger free..

17. I've had this too! Thought it was lung related but it turns out it was something to do with the esophagus. It felt like my insides were being all crushed up.