reccomend me a book

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Dalton!, May 18, 2012.

1. Never been much of a reader, but I have found that I just don't like "entertainment" books. So I'm lookin for a good book on philosophy, psychology or science.

2. i enjoyed Alice in Wonderland and Philosophy: Curiouser and Curiouser, can't suggest anything heavier though. I never have the time to read anymore >__<

3. Jose Silva's Mind Control Method

4. Tao Te Ching.

5. ^^ Damn, beat me to it lol. I second that... Tao Te Ching

I have 2:

Cannabis and Meditation: An Explorer's Guide

The Tao of Pooh

6. Anything by Kurt Vonnegut.
    His books are actually pretty deep, you just have to understand everything he writes is a commentary on society.

7. Fingerprint of the Gods by graham Hancock

Still waiting for my copy, but looks really interesting to say the least.

8. yoga vasistha

and the

zhuangzi

9. The last lecture. Read it and then find the video and watch it too.

10. #10 Gr33nD420, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    1984 by George Orwell, Animal Farm by George Orwell and Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

11. Common sense.

12. marijuana myths marijuana facts a review of the scientific evidence. this is what convinced me its perfectly fine to smoke way back when. and very informative.

13. Redwall by Brian Jacques

14. The definitive book of body language - Pease

The warrior within, The philosophies of Bruce Lee - Little

The black science - Lung

15. I read The Atlantis Blueprint years ago, fascinating read.

I would recommend Voyagers, by Ashayana Deane.

16. i started reading conversations with god. its pretty good man. really interesting shit

17. Catch 22!

18. I saw someone else already said Chuang Tzu; I'd just add that I'd recommend the Brook Ziporyn translation. I second Ishmael too. That book is fucking tits.

The books on Diogenes of Sinope by Luis Navia are sort of expensive, but worth the money. One of the founders of Cynicism, he once went thru the streets with a lit lamp looking for "an honest man." A philosophical giant who gets overlooked because none of his work (if he wrote anything) survived.
    Plus, he was just too damn radical.

A History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russell (Good in-depth book which tracks the development of philosophy from ancient times to the 20th century)

Dharma Bums - Jack Kerouac

Perrenial Philosophy - Aldous Huxley
    Quote: "The politics of those whose goal is beyond time are always pacific; it is the idolaters of past and future, reactionary memory and Utopian dream, who do the persecuting and make the wars."

The Bhagavad-Gita