really simple indoor grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thereddfoxx12, Jun 5, 2010.

1. is it possible to grow a plant in your windowsill and just water it everyday? would this produce at least smokable buds?

2. Correct me if im wrong but, i believe that you can only veg in the window sill, not flower. You would still need a MH or HPS or some kinda lighting for flowering

3. Corrected.

Unless you manually manipulate the light cycle, your window sill plant will start to flower when the days begin to grow shorter, early-mid August or thereabouts. But, the plant needs approx 12 hours of dark, followed by 12 hours of light and so on.

Just make sure that you are watering it with water than has a pH of 7.0 or less.
    My tap water comes out 8.3, so I use reverse osmosis water that has a pH of 7.0.

4. thanks for correcting me. so you CAN grow by a window sill and still get decent results?

5. Depends on your definition of decent.

My house faces east, which means that plants on my kitchen window sill (which faces west) get only a few hours of direct sunlight and several hours of indirect sunlight. There are other factors but, the plant will flower when it gets 12 hours of light on, 12 hours off.