really obama!, DUID(Driving Uner Influence of Drugs)

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by stickey_fingerz, May 16, 2010.

1. So you could smoke some dust, snort some coke, shoot some smack, and pop some pills at the party Friday night, and possibly be considered an unimpaired driver by Monday (you could even have a couple of drinks before you got pulled over), but if you smoked a joint last month, in eleven states you could be going to jail and losing your license for endangering the public on the roadways.

bullshit.

2. jesus. thank god Maryland doesn't have it ass-backwards like always.
    But on a more serious note...what can we do? I mean we don't you guys ever feel helpless? We're fighting an uphill battle at an incline of 90 degrees.

...that being said i will NEVER give up.

3. It is ridiculous that in a so called free country, they take away our rights everyday.

4. come on its making us "safer"

this is not the same country the writers of the constitution started.

5. Id leave the country ASAP.

I only see two ways things will go down in the next 20 years, maybe less.

Either, we, the people take the government back in to our own hands through laws and new ideas.

Or, a revolution occurs and the politicians and corporations are purged.

I dont see either happening, so personally I would leave. Ive lost all faith in this country, and for the most part its brainwashed "people".

6. Its sad because I want to live in Alaska, i guess I could settle for British Columbia

7. Yeah you would think there would be a limit to the amount of bullshit people could take and still believe. But I think the sky is the limit with Americans :(

8. I cannot believe this, FUCK YOU OBAMA

9. It's already stated to not drive or operate any machine or vehicle while heavily medicated. ;)

So why are we complaining?

But still, who doesn't drive high? I love to drive high.

10. Wow.. Fuck Obama..

11. #71 Drivenone, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
    When you get a driver's license in any state but Nevada, you have given your implied consent to take a chemical test for ALCOHOL only. You do not give consent to take the field sobriety test, or a blood test or a urine test. The best thing you can do during a stop is to invoke your 5th amendment rights to A. Not take the field sobriety test, and B. Not to take the Breath test.

While a refusal to blow can result in the loss of driving rights, it is only when you refuse to blow into the the OFFICIAL breath test machine. That's the one at the police station. Not the one in the trunk or backseat of the police car. You also have the right to be told that a refusal will result in the loss of driving rights. Yes. Once you have a license, you have the right to drive until that right is taken away.

So, until any law that says you have implied consent to urinate or give blood, Just Say No. I was unable to find a blow test that tests for THC. And I can't see the courts ordering implied consent to piss, give blood, or hair sample. They are too invasive on the 4th amendment rights, and insome causes could lead to spreading disease and illness. I would also expect a qualified and licensed DOCTOR or Nurse be the person to draw blood as it is a medical procedure.

Right now I can see people who do the alcohol wash to make hash as the ones in deep shit.

12. Im highly suprised Texas isnt on the list, but im sure we're not far from it! Thats officially 2 presidents in a row that i have wanted to punch dead in the fucking face, and thats not something im proud of whatsoever!!

13. As I'm really happy to be living in california right now, I still think this is outrageous. I was recently pulled over completely sober (hadn't smoked in a few days) and accused of being duid. I "failed" all of the sobriety tests, did exactly as the woman said though, even offered to take a breathalyzer. She threatened to "book me" (accused me of being a methhead)and I said fine. She ended up letting me go after pushing her hands IN my neck for a heartrate.(Is that even legal?) But literally, was about to book me and had my friend ready to drive.. Let me go cause she "didn't see anything in my eyes" basically they can profile the hell outta you, and violate your rights at any time..

I guess what I'm saying is even if ur state isn't on the list BEWARE.

14. What were you pulled over for? Lights? Tags? Infraction, ect?

If you werent doing anything like that I would take that up with some kind of civil lawyer if youre angry at all.

Shit like that cant be unchecked.

15. everyone in this entire forum who lives in the US I say we all stand together and vote this mother fucker out of office in 2012. fuck him he has no Idea what hes doing and I seriously dont know wtf people were thinking when they voted for him, Im glad I didnt.

16. Yeah, i doubt he will get re elected

17. Well I was leaving my work parkinglot and for literally about 5 seconds didn't have my lights on and I noticed and turned them on. She then followed me about 7 blocks before pulling me over, she obviously just wanted to fill quota, esp since she didn't care about me not having insurance info and etc. Only insistant about duid. (Also yelling at me so much that I became really nervous)

I absolutely believe she had the right to pull me over, but to accuse me of randomly being a methhead and yell at me when I don't understand some out of the normal "field tests" and literally telling me I'm going to jail for no reason, is not acceptable. Ever.

And my mistake I didn't get her badge number or name.. Just wanted the hell out of there..

18. #78 Miklelottesen, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    BINGO! That's exactly what "condones" this law. It seems reasonable and it would be ideal..........if we were all computers incapable of anything besides what our programming allows us. The government seems to think of laws as programming and themselves as programmers. The police force and the justice systems are the debuggers. The criminals are the bugs.

We're not people anymore - we're just paperwork.. And I don't just mean us stoners, I mean everyone...

19. And once again caffeine sneaks by unchecked.

20. Better yet, ask, for their name and badge number, sometimes they freak, and if they do, and refuse, then they themselves are in trouble. With a friend there it makes the case stronger.

But if youre innocent, never be nervous, and know what you are allowed to refuse.