Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

really noob question.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hellers91, Jan 27, 2010.

1. i've been smoking on and off for about 2 years. but recently i've really got into it as i've found more friends that smoke, so for the past couple of months i've been smoking at least 3 times a week for the most part.

anyway, i dropped my bong slide and it broke in half. duct tape has been holding it up pretty well but i'm getting a new one tomorrow. i know slides can be different sizes so is there anything wrong with bringing my bong in to find a slide that fits? i don't think it would be a problem, but i don't know, just want to make sure. also, about how much are the cheaper bowls? i don't want to spend a lot of money, but i also want the bowl to be pretty deep and not break so easily.

2. If you bring your piece into a head shop you gotta make sure you clean it really really well otherwise they'll kick you out.

3. Thanks, I didn't even think about that. It makes sense though. I'll be sure to clean it with rubbing alcohol and salt and all that so there's no smell.

4. Haha no problem, I just know that no one would want that to happen to them

5. Yeah that would be a problem. Thats paraphernalia and that shit cant be brought around in public. Just take a ruler and measure if its 18.8 or 14.5. Thats all you need to know and good luck with finding a nice new bowl head! :)

Hope this helped.

EDIT: Even cleaning with alcohol and salt the headshop can still get mad at you. Just make sure it looks BRAND new and never used. Dont bring anything with ANY sort of marijuana resin in it.

6. there litteraly cannot be one speck of resin on there. if they see it they will for sure have to kick you out. even if they dont want to.

7. uhh if i owned i head shop i wouldn't let you anywhere near my store with that thing lol. take a pic of it with your phone instead or maybe tell him what brand it is and me may know. my local headshop owner remembers all the pieces he's sold to me :D

8. Thanks for all the responses. It seems like it would be safer just to measure it and not risk bringing it to the store and getting kicked out. I didn't realize there were only 2 sizes, that makes it a lot simpler.

9. I would measure. I wouldn't risk it. I've seen people thrown out of head shops for the smallest things.

BTW, huzzah for my 100th post! :gc_rocks:

10. Can't you just bring in the broken slide? Then you could compare directly.

11. hah i didn't think about that either...it seems like that might work. if i clean out the resin really well and just bring in the slide would that be ok compared to bringing the whole bong?

if it still might be a problem i'll just find a ruler tomorrow and measure.

12. I don't know where you're from or what your laws are but I'm from Canada and a little while ago, my boyfriend and I brought our broken female stem into our head shop and it was real clean and everything and they didn't have a problem at all

13. From what iv heard on here canada headshops seem to be a lot more loose on things like that. Iv heard about people openly saying marijuana and stuff like that. In america they seem to be more strict. Bringing in the broken stem would be the same problem as bringing in the bong. It must not have ANY and i mean ANY resin in there. Just try and measure and that should work ok.

14. Haha well that's shitty for all you people down south haha