Really need some advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SSDIPainGuy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. My plants need about 3 weeks to finish, the problem is, I leave for a cruise on dec 8th. That's right about the time I should be dying. I'm not very comfortable leaving them out while I'm gone. Think I can push them a week by turning the lights off totally for a few days to give them a little push to finish? Thoughts? 1384343174929.jpg
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. you have three and a half week til December 8. I say harvest a day or two before you leave, then let them dry while you're gone. Or else find someone to take care of them. If you have to harvest early, harvest early. in which case yes, start your dark period when you want and it'll be about as close to done as you can get. but keep in mind it wont be as good as if you let them take the time they need.

Also, you're dying right when you're going on a cruise? you wont even get to try your finished product! :cry:
    -sorry to hear a fellow grower moving on to the other side, rest in peace brother

3. Omg, sorry, that is about the time I should be drying, not dying

4. I would just harvest the day before you leave. Hang them up to dry in a secure room because you don't want your house stinking while you're gone and you'll be ready to cure when you get back. Better than risking the chance of something going wrong if you leave them running.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. haha I know I was just giving you shit

and that's two for two saying to harvest day or two before you leave.

although I wouldn't mind my house stinking while im gone. I'm more worried about my house stinking while I'm there.

6. I would hate to lose out on yield by cutting them early, I'll wait, I have someone to watch them. They'll probably be ready to cut by the time I get back. Thanks for the info guys

7. He won't be losing out on yield. OP stated he should be drying by the time he leaves for vacation so the plants will be done in terms of yield but if you let them grow for too long they will only decrease in quality. Why risk it? You will get the same yield whether you harvest before or after and drying it out well and a nice long cure will only improve the quality.