Reality Is A Construct

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Praetorian, Dec 26, 2017.

1. So obviously...:bongin:

It seems, our real world is just another kind of construct, similar to the one depicted in The Matrix.

[​IMG]

The only major differences being that our construct, our so called real world, does not operate at the command of an operator, or at least not one that we have discovered yet, and is not as advanced yet.

This isn't so much about an operator being god or not, as it is about pointing out the mechanics of our own reality, and how they operate just like a construct in many ways.
    Until deities start making objects appear on Earth, we appear to be the ones running this construct.

While we don't know if there is an operator pushing some sort of mythical keys to make objects manifest in our world, we do know for certain that we create objects ourselves. We mine ore, chop trees, convert raw materials into pliable and malleable matter, so that we can create whatever we can and want.
    As we advance, the objects we create are becoming more and more complex. We now build at higher and higher volumes, and do so faster and faster. Our construct is evolving, becoming mechanized and automated, producing more and at higher detail and functionality levels.

If we extrapolate this further, over a few decades, and presume no technological slowdown or regress, then how advanced is our construct going to get?
    If we presume uninterrupted technological progress and no global catastrophes, natural or man made, then what will man be able to build even just 50 years from now?

• Like Like x 2

2. How high are you dude :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I was traveling for over a week, in a country where I really did not want to test the local law enforcement. This meant no weed for about 8 days.
    I just got back a few hours ago, and it's been all guns blazing ever since.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. In the matrix you may recall this quote: "What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain." You're a living being experiencing life just like every other organism. Beyond that we all have our various beliefs but you're here now living life. Our technology has always advanced through time, so what? That doesn't mean we're living in a false reality.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tech billionaires think we live in the Matrix and have asked scientists to get us out some billionaires think we are in a simulated world as well. I have to agree just because I work in a factory and I see people just walk around like zombies doing the same thing over and over it is crazy. I can't believe what the world has come to. I'm waiting to wake up but the day may never come it seems. I've taken quite a few mind altering substances and I've seen the real world. This illusion they have cast upon us, this "life" most of us are living is not a life at all. I hope one day we can all see it without the need of mind expansion tools.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 Praetorian, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    I'm not sure how you got "false reality" out of anything you or I wrote. Our reality can be 100% real, however one wants to define that word. Not my objective to question that bit with this thread.

What I was saying is, that it seems like this reality of ours operates like a construct, as ever-more-complex objects can be called into being at higher and higher rates.
    If this continues, then in sufficient time our own world could be indistinguishable from hi-tech Matrix type constructs.

7. What country lol?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Visiting a buddy's family in the Balkans.

9. You make an incoherent rambling post about how "reality is a construct like the matrix" and then ask why someone would think that.... Your post says reality IS a construct. The definition for construct is "an idea or theory containing various conceptual elements, typically one considered to be subjective and not based on empirical evidence."

10. My point was clearly about our capacity to build more and better. Not about whether our reality is real or not.

Sorry you had difficulties comprehending the post. Which parts about it are confusing to you since you say you found it "rambling and incoherent" ? Reading over the OP, I find nothing incoherent in it.

11. OP, EXACTLY!

Our world continues to grow in areas that are not necessarily feeding our Earth but rather our economy. New technolgy advances daily at mother nature's expense, and we have become distracted, using this tech "construct" so to speak to better our worlds, but in reality the more wrapped in this "construct" we become the more we lose touch with reality. Or do you become more in tune with reality because of the strategy involved?
    We see some of this technology trying to help us, through solar energy, but now there is news of the sun being drained, how does this "construct" we are creating counteract with green energy and saving our planet?
    Is it an advancement and a step in the wrong direction all at once?

• Like Like x 1
  12. There's definitely plenty of discussion about whether we're advancing properly or not.
    I know McKenna used to ruminate on whether the Earth is our home, to be protected, or like a placenta, meant to nourish us but eventually be discarded for whatever the next step in humanity would be.

He also pondered how silly and sad it would be, if after all the planet preservation we're worried about, another meteor comes down and wipes out all life on the planet in an instant?
    In that scenario only more technology could have saved us.

• Like Like x 2
  13. In my opinion, humans are the masters of themselves. We will continue to build and construct, with new technology, forever, if we are presumed uninterrupted by disasters like you say. And frankly, I don't even think we've come close to the limits of our tech advancement. We're barely scratching the surface. Almost 100% of our shit has to do with this tiny planet. That's kind of sad, there is soo, soo much more. But we live in a world that is soo focused on ourselves. Life, death, these things occupy our minds quite a lot.

Man will be able to build things beyond our imagination (at the moment) in 50 years. Hopefully some of it has to do with space

As far as I know, we are the operators. And will be, until we have eliminated ourselves, or I guess the "master operater" intervenes

Lol@ the sun being drained!!! Haha that's some funny shit! You must not know how the sun actually works.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I think of reality as just another reality tv show. Like we look down on those on tv somebody looks down on us for their own amusement

• Like Like x 1
  15. Who looks down on us?

16. I don't know maybe aliens or who ever set up all the cameras lol. I got that idea from south park

17. Haha nice. I think we are the masters, so technically we look down on ourselves lol

Also, we are all doomed to repeat history. It's sad, but it's the human struggle, and it's what makes us all strive for betterness/greatness.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've had this idea for a while now.

If we presume that there is alien life somewhere out in the universe, it is plausible that some of it would be much further advanced than we are.

If so, then it only makes sense that some could have developed superior technology for viewing the universe.
    Just like we have telescopes that can see our closer stars, they may have "telescopes" that can see into your living room from 5 galaxies away.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice! I like your ideas. If you get the chance, I would enjoy a response to my post if you're willing

20. I think I'm gonna wave my dick around to give them something for their efforts lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1