'Real women' as a euphemism for overweight women

Discussion in 'General' started by Land Cow, May 24, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

2. I think people need to find a happy medium.

A few years ago, the only girls that were in magazines were super skinny, and nowadays I'm seeing more magazines with "real" women - Many whom are downright overweight.

First this was "normal":
    [​IMG]

And now this is a "real woman":
    [​IMG]

I think people need to focus less on what a "real" woman is, because as far as I know, all you need to be a "real woman" is a vagina and uterus. In my opinion, neither of the above women look healthy or like they take good care of their bodies. It's just as unfair and dangerous to encourage overweight woman that they're not fat - their just curvy, as it is to encourage girls to starve themselves.

Women come in all shapes and sizes, and I'm sick of being fed extremely skinny women or chubby women. What the eff happened to all the women inbetween?

3. No I know what he's saying. Like when Tyra Banks got criticized for putting on weight from age and she stated that she was a "real woman" as far as what an older woman should weigh.

Or "real" in the sense that the standards set for women as far as weight are very "unreal"istic lol.

But yeah, it seems packin a few pounds is closer to reality standard. I like a little baby fat on the tummy cuz it's soft, but no fat chics allowed.

4. #24 DV, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
    As for me, I'll be honest I'm overweight, but not obese like bah bam!
    I don't glorify it as "real woman", I just think, uh I need to do
    something because in the past couple years wtf happened?
    Got lazy, :rolleyes:, depression, food was comfort.

I think it's just an inner battle that girls seem to be fighting.
    I know I'm never gonna be a size 0. I would look ridiculous.

I just wish girls out there struggling realize that it's not always
    about being thin or fat, it's about being healthy for your type of body.
    Eating, cutting down eating, exercise, less exercise. Whatever
    you need to do. People say I'm beautiful any size, the hardest part is
    being able to tell yourself "I'm beautiful". I got to the point where I
    couldn't say that to myself so I made some changes.

So I'll continue doing what I'm doing and not by starving myself to
    death....-10 lbs and counting...

5. The term "real woman" is annoying and plain bullshit to begin with. It's used by people who are frustrated with being told what they should look like. It's ridiculous because by using that term they are now doing the same thing that they despise, being told how to look.

Got a vagina? Congratulations, you are a real woman.

6. Tits too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvdU2xpgvdk"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

7. people are always going to say something negative about something thats different from them.

Fat, Not Fat, Overweight, Not Overweight, Real, Not Real

We are all human.

8. This is a touchy subject for a lot of people. Girls and women are constantly being judged by one another. The media of course plays a big part in it. Being thin is def. in. But being a little thicker is not such a horrible thing either. I think a lot of girls need to find their happy medium. Promoting super skinny girls through out magazines and television is putting the wrong image into growing girls minds. BUT when there are websites and other things promoting "big beautiful woman" and other similar things, they are just as bad as the ones promoting thin bodies. I just say love what ya got, and if you don't like it...change it! Fuck what you, me, and the rest of the world thinks. It is hard to live that way but people have to come and realize that everyone is different. promoting skinny bodies is no better than promtoing bigger bodies. the big girls think that the thin ones are promoting eating disorders, and the thin girls thinks that the big girls are promoting obesity.

i don't think there will ever be a happy medium.

9. Fat people pick on skinny people and skinny people pick on fat people. It's just the way it is. And by "real" I guess they mean that a girl with curves, (not a fucking fat ass) a girl in a healthy weight range for her height and body type with an hour glass figure is considered "real" because that's what a woman "should look like". Big boobs, small waist, big butt. Am I right? I don't think I know a guy who would turn down a girl that looked like that. Other girls who are overweight or too skinny either look gross or like little girls. But people due to the influence from the media make people think that's what women are suppose to look like.

Anyways, back to your post. Everyone picks on everyone. I don't think people are ever truly happy with themselves. People color their hair because they don't like their natural hair color. People lose/gain weight because they aren't happy with their body. People get plastic surgery to change themselves everyday and a lot of the time still end up unhappy. People will always find something wrong with them, it's human nature. Society always finds something to frown upon, whether you're skinny, fat, smart, male, female, etc. I mean how many girls with "perfect" bodies get picked on and get called fake all the time? A lot. I blame society, not just the "curvy" girls picking on the thinner girls. It's everyone against everyone and themselves.

10. She's not just fat, she's fugly

11. just gonna throw this out there, but who else would happily strangle Khloe Kardashian with a piece of rope?

12. What does that have to do with the thread? She's fit now. Annoying though, she acts like a child. She also married someone who she had only dated 6 weeks. Sounds like a real winner to me :rolleyes: Her sisters are hotter.

13. ahh right, in the UK the show is like 2 seasons behind or something , shes still a fat ogre over here.

14. really?....they all look pretty plastic to me...have you seen Kim's new face? She one operation away from lil kim's status.

15. i dont want this thread to escalate into a discussion over the Kardashian family, but come on, Khloe is a fucking man beast, ugly whore, and also very fucking annoying, like you'd want to put her in a bag with puppies and shit and throw her in a river.

the other ones i would actually contemplate fucking. (on camera).

16. I'm sure you know someone whos uglier than khole...I dont think she looks that bad honestly..her face is a bit more manlier than her sisters but I think she looked better before all of the facial injections.

17. LOL yeah she's kinda fit now. She is advertising these diet pills with Kim -_-

I know that Kourtney has implants because her little sister mentioned it in an episode. Kim, I've seen her playboy nudes and her tits look real...perfect...but real. Her ass is also real, if it was fake she wouldn't have cellulite on/around it. There are some pictures online of her ass looking pretty gross lol without the photoshop. But I think she's the most beautiful one out of the three. Khole is the black sheep that came out looking like no one lol. I heard she is a real bitch too. I can tell by how she acts on camera. Also, really annoying.

18. CONGRATS! You have ruined the unspoken code.

[​IMG]