Real or Fake roor bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by hoof123, Sep 17, 2012.

1. #1 hoof123, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    I picked this up recently at a small shop (for $40!) and I was wondering if it was real. I am skeptical because of the price, however it is small. I haven't been able to find anything really like it, and after looking at the real or fake sticky, I'm still confused.

Either way the thing hit's like a little champ

It's about 21cm from bottom of the base to the top of the rim. Here's some pics, first pic has a standard red solo cup for size comparison

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      130.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      156.2 KB
      Views:
  2. If it hits like a champ what else matters? It says roor on it and it was cheap so id be pretty happy either way...

3. I agree, but I'm just a guy who likes to know what he has. I'm happy either way.

4. Roors have a Yellow squiggle on the side of the base. Most real brand name pieces will probably have shit on it telling you were its from

5. Nothing is on this piece. just clean glass all around, the ROOR logo and the blue rim on the top of the tube...

It's looking faker and faker. Oh well. :bongin:

6. Everything about this tube screams I am a fake.

7. that tube seems to be of asian descent

• Like Like x 1
  8. you have a bong

9. Woah... Are you sure?

I call BS.

10. 100% fake BUT!

Glass looks pretty thick (maybe 5mm?) and clean
    Ice notches look nice
    Hopefully that downstem's diffused

For $40 its not a bad price; probably better than most other $40 bongs. Plus the glass looks pretty decent so its not like you just bought some shitty bong with the roor name.

If it tokes nice and you and your guests enjoy it, then for $40 its a good deal.

11. I know very little about RooR, but without even opening the image in full screen I can say it's definitely a RooR from the Asian Market.

12. Why does Roor cost $600?! just curious as to a reasonable explanation on the high price..

13. Well established name in the market. Once you corner a market, it's not hard at all to raise prices.

Why does Apple charge $300 extra for a piece that costs less than $100 on the market? Because of the name: Apple.

14. Exactly.

15. No offense to anybody, but my personal opinion, i would not spend $600 on a bong, regardless of quality. However, I am saying that because I am from a part of the south that is more renowned for schwag than anything mid-high grade. So unless i were to want to spend the same amount of money for 1g of high grade, i could get a half oz of schwag, which is what Ive always done. But I have smoked out of many bongs and just couldn't see $600 being reasonable. $100-$200 is understandable for some larger bongs in my opinion. But thats just my personal opinion and i'm not downing anybody who can afford a $600 bong!

16. If people have money, they like to spend it. If they have an expendable income, They can afford weed and glass.

But RooR isn't know so much for quality, as much as it's just paying for a name.

If I were to sopend $600 on a piece, it would have to be a high end scientific piece with some work in it.

17. It's definitely a decent made ripoff. No diffused downstem, but I'm so baked I dont really care :p

I'm happy with it, even though I know that it's a fake now, I feel that I am even that much more satisfied and impressed with the quality.

18. are you serious?

ya that thing is fake as shit.

R's are way off.
    no sig
    RooR never made a piece like that...

19. Same. Most I would spend on a tube/beaker is 250. I'd only spend 600 on a sweet scientific piece on ******* :smoke:

I feel you my dude. I have a fake roor i got for $80 with a free bob marley ash tray :p It hits like a champ; glass is around 6mm (I've banged it against a bunch of things and no scratches/cracks), diffused downstem, and ice notches (yours look nicer though.)

Me and a few friends went to vapor central in Toronto and rented an illidelph beaker. You could feel the difference in quality (mostly just weight, although mine didnt feel much lighter) but when it came down to toking all my buddies said they didnt even notice a difference. I was the only one that noticed a slight difference; probably because I hit mine everyday and been hittin bongs for years.

I love my bong so much more now because of the price i got it for. The real one was a custom on everyone does it a couple months ago for 1k :eek: Mines identical even position of ice notches, but the real one had a real silver weed leaf, not just a sticker like mine :p

[​IMG]

20. 600 buck get you a top of the line german roor there's legit german roors for like 150-200 if your into straight tubes but im not