Ready to go, but have no lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dr. Awesome, Nov 19, 2004.

1. I have most of the gear I'll need to start the grow, but I don't have any lights and I need to know which one(s) i'll need.

I'm only growing a few plants under the stairs, so would 1 lamp be enough, say if I got a HPS lamp, maybe 400W or so.

also, can i then use the same lamp for germinating and the main growth of the plant?

much obliged, amigos.

2. a 400 wud b good for small plants to harvest, its a bit much for new sprouts tho. all u need to start seeds tho is a compact fluro so it aint no biggie to get 1 of them aswell.

where u gettin ur light from?

3. get 1 small CFL (floro) for every 2 seedlings I'd say so they can get a good amount of light & for 6 plants that'd be under 20$, atleast where I live don't know if prices varry elsewehere.

4. I'm going to use this site probably

http://www.fastlight.co.uk

i was thinking about getting this 400W HPS -- http://www.fastlight.co.uk/IP20_L.htm

so what would i need for germinating the plants and up until I use the big lamp?

If someone could point out the sort of thing i'd need on that site it'd be much appreciated

peace.

5. not really a ansver to your question, but i just want to show u what a 400 watter can do in short time.

in the picture there is 1 mommy plant wich ill kill before crismas for smokings all holiday, and a bunch of clones , this my first grow, still i got lots coming, the mommy looks like 40-60 grams of weed, wich ill enjoy a lot, go for a 400, or if u got the room (space) for it, go for a 600 watt.

to ansver your question, buy nothing just dont use the hps lamp directly on the plants when u make the sproutlings, or seedlings or cutlings or whatever, use a box over them so that they dont get too much light. heat is important to keep to a minimum now.

heres the pic.

Attached Files: