Ready for the flip?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Unruh, Dec 14, 2016.

1. I was thinking another week because i have a bunch of nutes that will be here wed or thursday but my friend thinks i should flip them now what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Continue to use grow nutes for the first 2 weeks of the flip
    flip is usually determined by available grow space , not sure what your motive is as your plants are tiny

3. I am hopeful they will get bigger? This is my first attempt, but these plant did not have a easy life, they started under bad lighting and got upgrades 4 weeks ago. Optimally i would like 4 to 5 oz maybe thats too optimistic im still a total noob.

4. What lights are you running? that is 100% what will dictate how long you can veg. Are they fem seeds or regular?

It is also what will be dictating your yield along with your nutrients and genetics. and those 7 plants, if ALL female, will probably net you your 4-5 zips if put in 12/12 now, as they will stretch, but wont sex or flower for another couple weeks no matter what you do, good rule of thumb is do not flip to flower until you see preflowers, your just gonna make your plants lankier than they need to be.

5. I am running a mars hydro 192 reflector and it is bag seed

6. Lights do not dictate the veg cycle , its how much space you have to work with

7. Grow your plants until they are a bit less than 1/2 the distance from planter rim to top of grow area for optimal yields

8. #8 lalamann, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    edit::: there was a completely unnecessary rant here because i read something completely wrong.

My bad pickle, but it's pretty obvious in the picture he had a lot more room than would be necessary to put plants that size into flower, but he didn't mention his lighting, with those plants in that much space, the light will pretty much 100% determine how much longer he can veg. Of course to a certain extent.

I, and im sure a lot of other growers, started out with a much larger space than i needed for the lighting i was running, i just had the intent to upgrade the setup in the future.

My particular closet has an 8 foot ceiling, is 4 feet deep, and 8 feet wide. The lighting and plant count (plant count honestly throws a monkey wrench into either way of looking at it) in my closet pretty much 100% dictates how long i veg. Space is completely irrelevant and a non-issue. At least until i get into the kilowatt territory.

Unless by space you mean the area of light covered, at which point this just becomes a discussion about semantics.