Reading the Bible whiel high...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by kraiz, Aug 22, 2008.

1. is amazing. I am currently attending Bible College, smoking marijuana may seem sacreligiousto some, but it makes me more thoughtful and seems to open my mind. I see nothign wrong with it other than the stigma that is attached to it by the general public. Thats the only confict with me being a bible college student and smokeign weed, peopel think its hypocritical, when really marijuana is made by God, and all things are useful to man that are mad by God, and all things created by God can be used by men if used with thanksgiving... "it's not what goes into a man's mouth that makes him unpure its what comes out"
    Praise the Lord for marijuana :hello: can i get an amen? :smoke:

2. Excuse me if I offend you, but I never read the bible while high, instead me and my cousin use the bible for joint paper, and let me say that bible paper works pretty swell,

3. i mean.. hat's a little disrespectful, But i dont view the copies of the bible today as holy, they are mass produced some maybe in the same factory as rolling papers are made who knows. I write in my bible and mark it all. its all good bro as long as u arent doing it just for the purpose of beign disrespectful.

4. here's one of my favorite quotes:

" For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating or drinking [or other worldly things] but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and mutual upbuilding" Romans 14:17-19

A lot of churches and religious and none religious people need to reminded of this everyday.

5. in other words, the kingdom of God and what he desires for is not rituals or actign all righteous, but its about being right with god (the real definition of righteousness) that is haveing a relationship with Him, and about PEACE and JOY. That's why i love Jesus, hes all about relationships and peace and joy. he was the original hippie.

6. they're a bit thick for rolling papers

and I don't see why consuming marijuana should be considered sacrilegious to the Christian faith....Christianity is all about believing in Jesus. Anything else you do is irrelevant.

Jesus himself is reported as saying the way to heaven is through me. So that's all you have to worry about, not do you dress the right way or talk the right way or smoke the right stuff.
    You either believe or you don't.

7. Amen brother, but i do beleive that by believing in Jesus, you will receive the holy spirit through wich you will undergo the uncontrollable process of sanctification, meaning as u grow, you will show spiritual growth towards holiness.

8. i think that it's about the relationship you have with Him, not just believing. the reason we were created(if you believe in christianity) was God wanting to have a relationship with us. there's a big difference between believing in and having a relationship with.

9. YO! i learned this last year, the gospels tell us to believe in jesus, the greek word (the original language th ebible was written in) for believe is the word pisteou, that word in greek trasnlates to "entrust in" to entrust that sumthing can be done is way diffrent than just realizeing that it can be done. Like you all know parachuets will save u if u jump out a plane, but thats way diffrent than just knowing they work based on evidence and not entrusting your life to it. Lostsa people beleive or know that the Jesus story is true, but how many actually give up their lives and entrust in Jesus? :hello: i love to think while high.

10. #10 amsterdamage, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008

I understand your point but (as far as I know) that's not what he said. From what I remember he said the big deal is to believe in him (he actually stressed that quite a lot).

I actually remember a story in the bible that is supposed to back this up. Don't ask me to quote it or where it is but in it some guys had to move a chest or box kind of thing and were told no matter what don't touch it. Well it slipped as they were moving it so one of them reached out and grabbed it to stop it falling. Seemed like a logical thing to do but God was pissed coz the guy had done what he thought was best rather than literally what God had told him to do.

So although it would seem logical that a relationship with God would be preferable to just believing in him it isn't exactly what Jesus told us to do.

Also, your choice of recreational drug should have no influence on your ability to have a relationship with God. And one little thing (coz it's quite funny) how could God want to have a relationship with something that didn't exist?

11. how can u beleive in sumthign u dont have a trusting relationship with? the word beleive means to entrust in.

12. as for the last part...huh? he didn't have a relationship with us before we existed, that's why he created us...so he could have a relationship with us.
    and i never said anything about recreational drug use. obviously if i'm on here i smoke...and don't think its wrong.

13. This is MY favorite bible quote:

Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

- Deuteronomy 13:13-18

God loves a good ethnic cleansing, mass murder, pillaging and destroying.

I genuinely admire his tenacious violence, disregard for life and petty jealousy and rage. Made in his image? you bet!

14. if you read throughout and follow the old testament, you will see that these people had it comeing to them. but yeah, God can be harsh, he sent his own son to death, some say harsh, but i say act of love. He put his son to suffer an earthly death so that millions may have freedom from hell and damnation. God may seem evil when you looka t certain parts of history and ignore the rest.

15. I wish you could read that the same way I do.

Anyways, I'm not really going to bother with this thread.

Have fun with your death cult, living by archaic laws and cherry-picking a fairy tale.

God bless.

P.S. - quick question; do you learn anything about biblical errancy at Bible "College"? Or is it basically just an indoctrination institute?

16. lol i dont live by laws, i live freely. Im american.

17. My mistake, with all your gushing about the bible, I figured you considered yourself a Christian.

P.S. - quick question; do you learn anything about biblical errancy at Bible "College"? Or is it basically just an indoctrination institute?

18. yah we learn about it. Dont worry i dun just let people tell when sumthign and beleive it, i have to learn it on my own or i take everythong peopel say with a grain of salt and skepticism.

19. "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
    Revelation 22:2

If everything on earth came from the seeds of heaven, including man, then where is this tree of life on earth? What tree on earth has leaves that can heal the nations (bring peace)? MJ.

20. there is a site i forget the name but google bad ass bible quotes