Reading Clones (noob here lol)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nissanskyline, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Alrighty guys, Im pretty good and reading my mature and from seed plants.

This is my first go at cloning (this is actually a lie, ive done it successfully once before lol) and Im having trouble figuring out what my clones are telling me lol.

So anyways, what we have below are two clones. Dinafem White Widow's exactly 2 weeks old from snip. Used old brown watery cloning gel (Rootex? Root Tech? something like that) so I dunno if that even had a factor in these rooting, anyways im 4 for 4 on rooting (assuming because i see new growth among all 4 clones, plus they are still standing and not dead after all this time lol).

i have fed them once i started to notice yellowing, i was always under the impression thsi meant the clones had rooted and were hungry. I fed them half strength General Organics GO box (full line, diamond black, calmag, root bio etc, the whole shebang) of what the instructions say for "rooted seedlings" or whatever.

I just need some reassurance on my diagnosis which is they were initially hungry once rooting but I gave too strong of a nutrient solution for clones barely rooted (i must learn from this for next time i think) which resulted in nutrient burn (new growth tips crisping) along with nutrient lock out. If these were mature plants from seed that would be my diagnosis but Im not sure clones read the same way so any input would be appreciated.

My solution to correcting this is to flush my plants, I think it stresses the new root system but Im not sure what else to do. Im sure they will snap out of it eventually but Id like to learn for the future.

I didnt take any ppm or ph (because go box says not to worry about ph) for the clones so for future reference can anyone tell me what kind of ppm fresh clones should be fed?

Basic info you will probably ask for:
    Soil, organic raised bed mix from hardware store
    2x600w LED (about 25" or more from clone tops)
    20 hours of light (8 hours of a cfl tube thing then 12 hours in my flower room under the led)
    using tap water (ph 6.8-7.0), on my other mature plants the run off ph is always 6.2-6.4ish
    temp lingers from mid 70s to high 80s and humidity is around 50-60 depending on the day

Thanks for everyone input. Sorry for long post lmao

Photos below:

image1(1).jpeg image2(1).jpeg image3(2).jpeg

2. I'd wash out that soil with air temp water

look close at root nub development

smear with household honey

and re insert to clean fresh unused soil

have then under a (warm white) cfl bulb 24/7 in a warm spot

if no developments in 10-14 days restart

scrap that ph crutch ..lol

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok so I took all 4 out of the soil and got some (what i found to be) interesting results.

Two clones rooted (one with a complete fishbone structure about 6" long!) and 2 have not rooted, but the two that havent rooted have some funky growth where i made the cut and im pretty sure roots grow out of that white growth according to my research.

I have them in new fresh soil and the two without actual roots are going back under the domes I made. Gonna ride it out from here and see what they do. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like Like x 1