RE:Thought: God is a force like gravity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheLizardKing__, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Sorry I made a new thread to write this theory, but it really did interest me to the point where I thought it deserved its own thread.

Well, has anyone here seen the movie, Donnie Darko?

If not GO FUCKING WATCH IT.

But, you know the spiritual "water-like" vortex that comes out of the middle of his chest to guide him (it guides him to the gun in his fathers room)?

Well how about that is "god" guiding us to what we want, what we need, what we should do, what he wants us to do.

This energy that is within us all is "god" but we don't understand that because it's so simple. It's just an energy force inside of us that guides us. It's like it's there, but it's not at the same time. Therefore leaving us not knowing about it, and not worrying about it.

It's just our "spirit" that is "god"-like guiding us.

thoughts?

perhaps I'll add more thoughts soon.

haha - The killing Moon from the movie Donnie Darko just started up - how fucking weird!

I like this idea though.

2. I have made post very similar to this. I enjoy watching yours and other peoples thoughts evolve. It is one of my few rays of hope. People will dig deep into their hearts and minds; dig tunnels that are deeper than what the rest of the world could imagine. It is a very personal and divine journey. You will find that it will only make you a better honest and loving person, waiting for something to happen..

3. Christian mythology embraces the concept of a trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Mind, body, and soul(spirit). E pluribus unum, from many, one.

I'd give you rep if I could. :(

4. like bizzle, not only have i made a post/thread about this, but really went in depth about it. I posted a link in the other "God is a force like gravity" thread so check out that thread because i think this theory is elaborated in that post, and is written out really well. If your interested in this at all, check out that thread- its like 2 pages worth of theory on this

5. You want to call "symbiosis" God...go ahead. You think God influences you...go ahead.

But personally...I think you guys (and everyone else) are over analyzing things. It's what people do...we naturally try to find a "cause" for any action. Well...some actions are random events. Some actions are caused by some distant random event. "Shit happens" I believe is the phrase...things just happen sometimes.

Do I know how life started...no. Do I know why people are so smart...no. Am I sure there is no God...no. But when it comes to probability...his existence, and his doing all this, is HIGHLY improbable.

6. I think you're dwelling on the idea that god is a man or even has a gender.
    What I got from this is that 'god' can be whatever you end up feeling like 'god' is. The OP wasn't really talking about god being a man or having a human form, but rather being a force of nature.

7. That's why I said first thing... "You want to call "symbiosis" God...go ahead." to show the abstract.

You can call ANYTHING "God"...but is it? Is it a "God" or just the way things happen to be?

If you don't assign God an image...like a person, a thing, then you're really not describing a "God". God has to be a "thing" and not just a force like gravity or electricity. God my DO those things, direct them, but THEY aren't God...

Am I being clear enough? Hold on...I'll do another bowl...

8. I'm saying this spirit, is not YOU. It is a natural force found in all of us. We have no way to control it. If we were able to see it, then perhaps we could change our paths in life. But it has am ind of its own, doing as it wants, as it feels you should. We are simply pawns to it. Watch Donnie Darko if you don't understand the water vortex thing.

9. Perhaps.
    I think some of it could be applied to the fact that we're all brought up with religion around us. God is widely accepted, so I think people kind of tweak their definition of god to fit their lifestyle/belief out of a sort of fear that we are truly alone in the universe. We still want that thing to believe in. I personally feel that a basic view of a god is the personification of natural things, like lightning or the moon. Maybe god takes a human form in order to make it seem less alien and scary and maybe easier to communicate with others about.